Whatcha Watchin'?

OK, finally watched them.

E25 was pretty good. Funny how Lu and Maze try so hard to be COOL all the time but the actual Angel of Death is just an old-school nerd.

E26 didn’t grab me. Yeah yeah, so what, who cares. But it DID illustrate a grievance the other celestial beings might have with their Creator. He comes across as, like, a cosmic gambling addict. With the multiverse as His slot machine. “This universe is boring. NEXT!”

5 Likes

I loved E26. Fortunately for everyone it ain’t the last one. Everyone happy!

5 Likes

Though a bit derivative, I liked ep 26; finally hearing God’s side of the story after 3 seasons of Lucy ranting about him endlessly was a nice change of pace. That ‘God’ was Neil Gaiman was just all kinds of meta awesomeness.

I can’t wait to see what Netflix does with the series, now that the usual network tv restrictions won’t apply…

6 Likes

Or a kid with a box of Legos. “OK everybody, today we’re gonna be MOVIE STARS!!”

I can imagine Luci in Heaven before the Fall.

"DAAAAD, THIS IS SERIOUS!!! STOP FUCKING AROUND!!!1!"

The obvious family resemblance and lack of self-awareness being the extra lulz.

7 Likes

Nice. Now I’ll be able to watch it anywhere with a wifi signal, not just at home.

4 Likes

Oh the original movie. Yes of course everybody should watch that.

I thought you meant the remake. It would make sense if the remake was coming out about now.

But I guess it’s not

11 Likes

Oh another thing, every fan of Peter Weller, weird '80s music, and/or gonzo science-fiction (so at least every Buckaroo Banzai fan) should and/or must watch “White Tulip,” which happens to be an episode of Fringe but stands on its own feet. You don’t have to know anything about Fringe. The relevant backstory is in the dialogue. Peter Weller guest stars. Soundtrack features Gary Numan.

7 Likes

Wow, he’s in S2 of Luke Cage as Cage’s estranged father; he must have passed sometime after they wrapped filming…

4 Likes

Incredibles 2 was a decent flick that the crowd I was with could all agree to see.

The warning at the beginning for This movie contains scenes that may trigger seizures in sufferers of photosensitive epilepsy was no joke.

Fun, predictable action but I thought it peaked early and then coasted to the end.

Definitely not a “Has to be seen on the big screen movie.”

6 Likes

neil-gaiman-shrieks-with-glee-o

Me and the daughter are currently watching Tudors, maybe once Lucifer gets to Netflix, that’s next?

8 Likes

binging on Babylon 5.

This episode feels like it was written on a dare

1. TKO
    Babylon 5 hosts a deadly martial arts competition. Susan’s family rabbi helps her deal with her father’s death.
10 Likes

Her father was killed in a fight to the death?

4 Likes

We enjoyed it as well. It was a nice reboot without rehashing all the old jokes again.

I was baffled with why they went with the hypnosis/trigger warning effects as I felt it added very little to the movie. It’s a known issue for a lot of people.

3 Likes

Not with the people who made the decisions, apparently.

3 Likes

Watching Luke Cage s2; I’m underwhelmed and a little bored, but at least the new ‘Big Bad’ is nice to look at…

5 Likes

I found it much more even and consistently character-based. The episode that included Iron Fist was actually watchable. I’m not sure they’ll be able to “fix” that character, but they’re at least being honest about what sucks about him.

7 Likes

Ugh, Danny makes an actual appearance?

Guess I’m not up to that episode yet.

I didn’t mind seeing Colleen again, but I hate Finn Jones’ version of D. Rand. If I hadn’t seen GoT recently, I would think it’s because he can’t act at all.

I’d argue that the problem is Cage is the least interesting character on his own show.

As a good guy he’s just flat and 2D, and when his ego gets out of hand and he starts to believe his own hype, he quickly becomes annoying.

Also way too much time was spent trying to connect everything back to Mariah, who was far more compelling last season.

4 Likes

just here to say “this season of the Expanse, omfg”

…i haven’t finished – one episode to go – but wow.

3 Likes

I need to finish it but when Holden gets set up again, I remembered this from the book and had to shut it off for a while.

Time willing, I’ll probably finish it up this weekend. But then at some point I need to finish book 4? Book 5? Whatever book where everyone splits up

1 Like

Be sure to watch to the very end, as there are post credit sequences.

4 Likes