Whatcha Watchin'?

I just finished the Fyre documentary. Good piece.

Man, so many people got screwed.

ETA: This is the Netflix one.

6 Likes

Watched Hotel Artimis while flying home.

Okay, it’s obvious someone watched John Wick and said to some producer, “that hotel for criminals is a great idea…let’s make a movie about it.”

And then failed to find a coherent plot.

It’s one of those flicks that you keep finding problems with hours after you watched it.

I mean Jeff Goldblum will show up in anything, but Jodie Foster?

4 Likes

I guess it should not be much of a surprise that this is terrible :-1:

You could fast forward through it with the sound off and not miss anything.

6 Likes

Which one? There were 2, a netflix one and a amazon(?) one (or was it hulu?).

5 Likes

Saw the one titled “Fyre”. Not sure which one. I’m pretty sure this one lumped FuckJerry in with “screwed-over contractors”, but I understand another one lumped FuckJerry in with McFarland and Ja Rule as a “screwer”, rather than a “screwee”.

ETA: The Netflix one.

2 Likes

Competing narratives! Nice!

4 Likes

Watching Deadly Class, very close to the original comic. I’m enjoying it so far but I must be getting old because I have to use closed captioning for the mumbling and the lighting is in constant darkness. Great alternative 80s soundtrack.

3 Likes

Just finished the first series of “The Good Karma Hospital.” Just watching is healing.

2 Likes

Ocean’s 8. What can I say, I like heist movies, and this was a pretty good example of the genre.

I don’t think I’ve seen either Oceans 12 or Oceans 13.

Reminded me of “To Catch a Thief”, for some reason.

6 Likes

I liked Ocean’s 8. But who doesn’t like The Met Gala?

6 Likes

Finally got the Roku Express+ set up, with
WiFi via Calyx. Got irregular buffering issues going on ( :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: ), but right now I’ve got some Flash Gordon (Buster Crabbe version) playing, and I’m enjoying it.

6 Likes

So I watched Mandy, and…HO-LY…FUCK.

What do I compare this to? A Clockwork Orange? Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Blue Velvet? I don’t know.

What I do know is that it’s something special, and Nicholas Cage was destined to star in it.

ETA: I have to add that Linus Roache is iconic. A very memorable performance.

4 Likes

Stopped half-way through Netflix’s Polar, boy it’s rough. I picture two frat boys jumping up and down on a couch drinking beers. “No, wait! and then he KILLS the dog! write that down!” A huge waste of the talents of Mads Mikkelsen.

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing him in At Eternity’s Gate.

1 Like

Netflix seems to be following my YouTube watching… and totally misinterpreting it.

I watched a takedown of the Kevin Sorbo evangelical movie Let There Be Light (I think I got the link from here), and Netflix recommended the actual movie. I read a negative review of Gotti, and Netflix recommended it.

Meanwhile, stuff I’d love to watch gets low recommendation ratings, or none at all.

I’ve subscribed to them for years, and it’s like they don’t know me.

7 Likes

Fighting with Netflix is worse than the eternal struggle with Pandora.

7 Likes

The Passage Trilogy is one of the best sci-fi reads I’ve experienced in a long time, and the producers of the show have taken the books and flushed them down the toilet. The timeline is butchered. Babcock is now an angsty teen girl. Holy crap.

The one bright hope to come out of this is Saniyya Sidney, who is a remarkable screen presence. I hope she has a good career ahead of her.

5 Likes

Hey, if you pick up a product with that name, and expect anything but sorrows, and possibly the hope for something better, to come out of that box, you have no one to blame but yourself.

8 Likes

I use Spotify now, but man, there wasn’t much choice there for a few years.

3 Likes

the trailer looks interesting.

You’re a special one, Mandy. I too, am a special one. Let us be so very special together

6 Likes