Whatcha Watchin'?

Littlefinger as “the scientific one” in The X-Files, specifically the early, misty, earnest years, with UFO’s, Men In Black, numbers stations, spies spying on other spies, generals hiding crashed spaceships, everything.

I expected it to be more historical and less x-filesy, but I guess the “History Channel” is not what it used to be

3 Likes
6 Likes

I thought this was some kind of sci-fi until I clicked through. Roller rinks have been off my radar for decades, so I had no idea they were struggling. (I was back in the US last week, and our (former?) local one did cross my mind.) And I figure it just might be the time in Salt-N-Pepa’s (and god knows Coolio’s) careers when they started appearing in schlocky dystopian movies.

4 Likes

Finally getting to The Expanse Season 3, now that it’s included with Amazon Prime and since figuring out I had to temporarily disable my VPN for it to show up.

4 Likes

The Umbrella Society has been decent so far.

Part of me would love a flash back though when they played sportsball against their cross town rivals "Xavier’s School for the Gifted’

On the other side of watchable, The Lego Movie 2. Do not get coerced into going if you liked the first one.

4 Likes

It’s been a while since that was the case.

It went from the History Channel to the World War II Channel to the Conspiracy Theories and Reality TV Channel, and I have no idea what it is now, but I was watching a show a few weeks back where people compete to forge weaponry.

5 Likes

That and ALIENS!!!

3 Likes

When I first read that I thought who’d want to counterfeit weaponry? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Agent provocateurs.

4 Likes

Provocateurs. Jacques Provocateurs.

4 Likes

Finally gotten around to the return season of Twin Peaks… He really amped up the weird, didn’t he? I’m loving it… 4 episodes in!

3 Likes

Well, they ended each episode with creating replicas of historical blades, so… someone selling to antique shops or museums?

4 Likes

Or to SCA types.

3 Likes

It is a documentary, but so prevalent to how racism has corrupted US culture. Seeing the micro-aggressions, the rationalization, the gaslighting…it was informative, but also sad.

4 Likes

This is about what I was expecting

Project Blue Book, on the other hand, is exactly like The X-Files, but set in the 1950s.

For all I know that could be historically accurate, I guess. I mean Chris Carter wasn’t making it all up himself.

3 Likes

I saw this recently:

1. It’s incredibly well done. Recommended.

2. It’s absolutely excruciating to watch. Extremely tense and uncomfortable.

9 Likes

So, much like being in 8th grade?

11 Likes

Just pointing a camera at somebody that age can produce that result in older viewers.

Do NOT watch Welcome to the Dollhouse. This is not a joke.

10 Likes

Like John Carter, this is not an imitation of other things. This is finally putting the original thing on a screen.

Approximately as crazy as Legion, with similar problems.

7 Likes

is it required to watch Titans first, or does it stand up well enough on its own?

4 Likes