Whatcha Watchin'?

Watched BlackkKlansman on the plane and loved it. Not a movie my partner would watch so I skipped it in the theater, but very glad I watched it.

I can’t comment on the Favorite, but of all the others, I though BlackkKlansman should have won.

(I never saw The Green Book either but given everything I’ve read, I don’t think it would have a chance)

4 Likes

Watched The Kirlian Frequency on Netflix.
Short 10 minute episodes of creepy goodness from Argentina. Storylines are similar to Lovecraft and Welcome to Nightvale. Whole series finished in under an hour.

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll check that out

2 Likes

spike lee’s biopic of malcolm x should have got some goddamn oscars, i’ll just say that

9 Likes

Has anyone had a rare and favorite article of clothing that you saw someone wearing on TV or in a movie? Happened to me today, watching The Gifted.
I was like, “Hey, that’s my shirt!”

6 Likes

After watching She’s Gotta Have It last night, I also must say that Spike Lee has really matured as a filmmaker and director over the years. A lot can be said for editing, but even when delegating the workload, he makes great choices.

6 Likes

Have I ever mentioned that his cinematographer is amazing??? Only every single time Spike Lee comes up??

5 Likes

Just once:

10 Likes

6 Likes

I watched Gamera vs Guiron for the first time on MST3K, and had the weirdest clash of cultures when I heard one of the dubbed voices had a North Texas/Oklahoma accent.

3 Likes

Final gotten around to Twin Peaks: The Return… about 10 episodes in… the “Gotta Light?” episode… Wow. Just. Wow.

Overall, I’m loving the utter weirdness of the show. I’m glad he got to explore the characters and their story again.

6 Likes

Just got around to watching Kinky Boots via Hoopla.

No Cyndi Lauper songs, since the movie came out before the musical (which I haven’t seen yet.) Chiwetel Ejiofor was lovely as Lola! Story-wise it followed a fairly typical misfits-make-good pattern, but I enjoyed it.

6 Likes

It’s all about Billy Porter’s performance

5 Likes

Now I really want to see that musical! Hopefully it will tour again.

4 Likes

I saw it but the main lead wasn’t there and it was kinda lame. I’m not a big broadway person.

5 Likes

how are shows like this even legal

7 Likes

People in their 20s can be lacksidasical about their own exploitation even as they protest the exploitation of others. If you’re pretty, you have to work it somehow.

6 Likes

so, you like musicals, do you?

3 Likes

FYI :

Rock climber Alex Honnold takes on Yosemite’s daunting El Capitan in the Oscar-winning 2018 documentary “Free Solo.” Tonight, March 3rd, 9 p.m. National Geographic Channel.

4 Likes

Oh, so that’s what Free Solo is about.

And here I was thinking it was Disney’s latest cash grab to detail what happened between Empire and Return.

8 Likes