Whatcha Watchin'?

I always liked Chappelle’s insights and his commitment to a bit, but I don’t have to laugh when I know he’s trying to connect to the part of an audience that’s an asshole.

* I haven’t watched Sticks and Stones yet.

3 Likes

Same here. Guilty.

11 Likes

Nor have I, and I already hadn’t planned to; just based on my experience the last time I tried to watch one of his specials.

Not only was it NOT funny, the whole vibe was incredibly malicious. I ended up just turning it off less than 20 minutes in…

I don’t know WTF happened to Chappelle… but if Breitbart likes what you’re doing, it’s time to step the fuck back and do some serious self reflection.

It’s definitely something to do with being creative, IMO; because logically speaking, we’re both way smarter than that.

9 Likes

All that dang symmetry, and color harmonies and whatnot…

5 Likes

Well formed musculature, soft smooth skin, certain facial and body features that just tug at my… um, heart…

Yeah… all too often I’m a sucka for ‘a pretty face’ and I know it.

6 Likes

Same here. Guilty.

Does its widdle ears hide the fact that it’s actually a Flerkin? They totally are! Yes! Those earsis is weally big damn tentacles! Isn’t they!

3 Likes

I thought Flerkens looked like earth kittehs, not earth puppers?

3 Likes

I’m assuming that Flerkins are some kind of intelligent, pygmy version of the transdimensional horror from the beginning of Guardians 2. If they look like catses, why not a beaver or a poopsises with its widdle face and big ears!

2 Likes

Have you watched Captain Marvel or read the comics?

4 Likes

Finally got sick of binge-watching Glee, so now I’m watching:

Anglo-French detective cosy set on a fictional Caribbean island.

Extremely lightweight and formulaic, and you don’t want to think too seriously about the historical/political aspects of the setting, but good low-stress fun. The early seasons are better than the later version.

7 Likes

Glee got really mean after a while and I stopped watching after a season or two.

7 Likes

Have you watched Captain Marvel or read the comics?

Just a few times. I’m saying that I assume flerkins to be shape-shifting empath cousins to the ravenous energy-eating nightmare beast who attempted to eat the Sovereign stash of batteries in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. If that wasn’t already clear. That’s why the Skrulls recognized that it wasn’t a cat and why the Kree scan everything they meet. If the flerkin could disarm Fury just by being a cat, imagine the trouble a flerkin could get into as a pupps with does big sad eyes and those look at those ears!

I should have drawn a picture. I need coffee.

7 Likes

I decided to go back and pick up Inspector Morse before moving on to Lewis in the timeline.

OMG, the misogyny of the 80s – Morse is is a functioning beer-only alcoholic who actively seeks romantic relationships with at least half of the women he’s investigating. Yikes!

10 Likes

Because he only ever meets new people through work, which is even sadder.

6 Likes

But that, of course, is intentional not inadvertent. Morse is a self-destructive old man who’s life is in a downward spiral and is only good at one thing: solving crimes. And John Thaw does it so well.

8 Likes

So at long last Prime video has a Chromecast feature.

Since Amazon and Google are supposed to be mortal enemies, it only seemed right to try it out by rewatching Good Omens.

And you know? Most of the way through episode 1, and it’s working far better than direct-to-phone or off-my-laptop ever did.

Obviously either a sign of the apocalypse or a back room deal. Probably both.

3 Likes

I rewatched Marjorie Prime tonight – a really lovely indie SF film – and it references My Best Friend’s Wedding, so I thought I should finally watch it.

And, um, I’m at the email part? And so far all I’m getting is weddings are awful and make everyone involved with them awful.

And Julia Roberts keeps doing these acrobatic pratfalls with furniture which I think are supposed to be endearingly charming or something.

ETA: autocorrect

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m sorry, I give Kimberly and Michael 6 months. Sure Julianne is a POS for breaking up the wedding, but Kimberly is a total doormat who’s incapable of making herself happy, and Michael is too oblivious.

1 Like

This is like a watered-down version of Othello with an inept Iago as the main character.

4 Likes

Okay, that… that was a shitty ending. I mean, yay, even after being awful you still can have friends left, but.

And I still give Kimberly and Michael six months. Besides a common tendency to stridently insist, “but I LOVE him/her!” they seem to have nothing in common.

3 Likes