Whatcha Watchin'?

Late for this… I like the choice of music considering one of the jokes in the book.
Also I like the extra dialog they are giving the two agents on earth.

6 Likes

Yes… that about sums it up. I still love it though.

5 Likes

I just started a Discovery of Witches, though it’s been years since I read the novels.

3 Likes

Who has it streaming?

Debra Harkness, whose also a history professor, gave a talk at GSU not too long ago. She was quite lovely.

4 Likes

This movie was creepy as fuck…

Very subtle, and it builds through the whole thing.

5 Likes

I found it on one of my pirating services; can send you the link if you like.

3 Likes

Have you seen…

Another contender in the CAF sweepstakes.

3 Likes

I’m sure it will crop up on something soon enough, but I’ll let you know!

2 Likes

The first ep of the reboot of Charmed went in on 45 and the current political climate.

7 Likes

I’m watching the Great Canadian Bake Off (Canadian version of the GBBO). They’ve copied the best bits of the British version and yet somehow made it totally Canuck, which is fun. I would totally have all the contestants over for tea.

Even though all these people are way better bakers than I’ll ever be, I can really empathise with the disasters.

6 Likes

Update: Wendy AND Anne Marie are both gone and it’s not even ep5??? It’s a central-west conspiracy against the Maritimes!

Or ageist, since they were the two oldest ladies. Perhaps both.

2 Likes

Just the title is terrifying

— and then you find out Snooki is in it

8 Likes

5 Likes

This is interesting.

I’m finding that more and more, it’s a lot of work to track down the indie-but-with-good-actors fare I like. Streaming services have a bit of it, but only a bit.

5 Likes

But do they have Sweded videos?

Okay, so I went to find an appropriate Jack Black GIF to stick here, and low and behold, Sweded video is a REAL THING.

http://swededcinema.com/

and they even have a film festival

6 Likes

Just saw ep3 of Doctor Who and… wow. That was the biggest “Fuck You” to the racist, sexist “fans” I could imagine.

I also can’t help but think that just ten years ago it would have been just another “the Doctor meets an actual historical person” story.

11 Likes

I have to get around to watching this. I’ve been a sporadic Doctor watcher, but what bits I’ve seen of this season look good.

5 Likes

Trying to get into watching The Defenders. Nobody will be let into the theater during the dramatic Jessica Jones searches through the Library card catalog montage. Does it pick up?

5 Likes

The Defenders lineup I recall from the comic book

• Doctor Strange

• Nighthawk   ( alternate-universe batman, basically )

• the Hulk

• Valkyrie

• the confused and concerned husband of Valkyrie’s human host, who was trying to be as supportive as possible given the situation

I might not be remembering it right

5 Likes

I really need to remember that it airs on Sunday nights; I’m so used to just streaming eps that have already been posted for ages…

4 Likes