Bunnies?! Squeeee! So cute!

watership_down_still

9 Likes
3 Likes

I disapprove.

10 Likes

FTFY.

6 Likes

I suspect that if I had seen it before this paper, it would be rather more poignant.

but I shall suspend my disbelief and enjoy.

7 Likes

It really didnā€™t have a lousy story arc IMO - nearly everything was wrapped up by the last episode. It just wasnā€™t what people were hoping for, I guess. Itā€™s definitely a show tailor made for binge watching. Itā€™s a lot more fun to just watch and enjoy without getting to bogged down in waiting a week or weeks in between episodes and trying to figure it all out.

6 Likes

Looks like The Walking Dead is doing another big time skip after this weekā€™s episode

ā€” and importing some ā€œnewā€ material from the later Romero films

2 Likes

I thought the film was delightful, and it did make the point that there were few doctors offering the procedure. Hope you like it.

4 Likes

I just finished watching Mile 22, and I am so much the worse for it.

The lead character is written as an abusive asshat with no redeemable value, which the writers try to hide behind a veneer of mental illness. If Ii were an actor, paycheck movie or not, Iā€™d be ashamed to take a role in this turd.

I admit I couldnā€™t finish The Room, so this makes Mile 22 the official second worst movie Iā€™ve seen, the first being Cyborg with Van Damme.

6 Likes

Now that itā€™s cold and wet where I live, Iā€™m inclined to look for desert stories

ā€” but in this case I feel like weā€™ve all seen this one over and over again

from The Dresden Files to Grimm and every vampire show ever, at least

7 Likes

Yay! Patriot season 2 is out. Please please please be as good as the first!

ETA: Going back over season 1 to refresh my memory. This show is a jewel.

3 Likes

Iā€™m watching Granchester, which is about a Vicar in the 1950s who solves Crimes.

In one of the episodes, the post office is robbed of Ā£20. Or was it only Ā£10? The discrepancy is a serious oneā€¦ In another scene from that episode, the cops are trying to tally up the sum of the losses, but canā€™t figure out how to tally up the bags of half-crowns, florins groats etc.

I would describe them as coziesā€¦
Probably will view The Patriot next.

7 Likes

I have seen very few of the films under discussion-- the odd John Woo film, a couple of the Bournes, but Iā€™m not really a fan of the middle budget action flick. But itā€™s an interesting critique of shakicam.

5 Likes

Wrapped up the Haunting of Hill House this week. I have to say, it was genuinely scary at times. It was a well written and pretty unsettling. Like one ghost, the bent neck lady, get an explanation, that it was Nellie haunting herself after she dies at hill house. Even knowing that did not make her any less creepy, but somehow made her more creepy!

Moreover, in general, I think it speaks to the overall importance of being supportive of oneā€™s family members, even in the worst of times. They deal with that in how the story line of the twins unfolds, with Nellie reaching out for help, and getting ignored by her busy family members. I think they do this to a lesser extent with Luke and his attempts to get clean. Boundaries matter, but what happens when those boundaries make people blind to what people need from others.

7 Likes

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Good for its:

• bonkers fundamentalist church of Satan satire of hard-line Christianity
  • the aunts
  • the demon cat
  • Michelle Gomez vamping, er, demoning
  • every single authority figure is fucking terrible
7 Likes

Leverage, kind of a mix of It Takes A Thief and Mission: Impossible. Totally implausible but at times hilarious. Definitely not made to be taken seriously; more like cotton candy for the eyeballs. Weā€™re enjoying it immensely.

12 Likes

There is a reason I follow John Rogers on Twitter. Showrunning that shifted him farther left than he ever imagined.

7 Likes

Took a look at his twitter feed. Breath of fresh air.

I liked The Librarians too, though not as much as the similar Warehouse 13. Though John Larroquette is always awesome.

9 Likes

I binged the entire thing in two days. Was not expecting all the family feels from a frickinā€™ horror show.

In other watching news, just got back from watching Bohemian Rhapsody with my mom. She adored Freddie Mercury. There wasnā€™t a lot of rock music in our house when I was a kid, but somehow there was Queen.

Not being quite the age for it, I never quite understood the whole thing with Freddie, at first. I mean, they were good, yeah, but lots of bands are good, when all you hear is the studio stuff. Then one night, I was listening to the radio, and they were doing a retrospectiveā€¦ I think it was the 10 year anniversary of his death or something. They played the 20 minute set from the 1985 Live Aid concert. All of it. It was then that I realised what people meant. No studio tricks, just that voice. Playing with the crowd, drifting through that range the way he could. That was how a kid from Zanzibar could become one of the biggest rock stars in the entire world. And now whenever I think of Queen or Freddie Mercury, what immediately comes to mind isnā€™t any particular song. Itā€™s a Hey-O! A call and response that no one could ever replicate.

The movie glosses over a lot, makes things warmer and fuzzier than they were. But itā€™s good. Rami Malek is fantastic. If you even kind of like Queen, you should go see.

13 Likes

Iā€™d been thinking about watching that.

That too.

5 Likes