Whatcha Watchin'?

I didn’t think it made much sense, but it was creepy and weird and I wanted to see what happened next

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s about “deserving”. I don’t think you can watch any Aliens film – or most horror films, really – and think about who deserves life.

3 Likes

Or you can watch the Ultimate Cut, which is just nearly shot-for-shot the comic.

5 Likes

I used to, but I pretty much stopped watching TV entirely a few years back, when Simmons got pulled into a portal of some sort, and the Inhuman crystals started leaking into the water supply.

5 Likes

You might feel like catching up, as the next couple of seasons give a lot of backstory on the origins of mutants/inhumans and the Kree wars saga that is the backdrop for Captain Marvel.

ETA: Okay, IMHO Dove Cameron is quite possibly the worst IRL actor in the MCU.

5 Likes

Owes a lot to Event Horizon.

Starts out pretty slow. You might want to just start with episode 3.

4 Likes

finally saw Inglourious Basterds (or however the misspelling went). Christoph Waltz is a marvel.

However, it does tend to profane the sacred memory of the Shoah.

6 Likes

Okay, “Shoah” obviously doesn’t mean what I thought it means.

looks it up

Okay, yes it does.

How could that event possibly be made more profane?

3 Likes

Had a friend at work who was really into sci-fi/horror movies like Alien, The Thing and so on. But even he was grossed out by Event Horizon. I only saw the previews and said, Nope. So I guess maybe I’ll pass . . . :open_mouth:

5 Likes

just saying, if you haven’t watched the new Coen bros. film, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, you should. it’s very fun, very gorgeous, and very haunting, as Coen bros stuff tends to be.

3 Likes

edBQBeJ

5 Likes

As my thoughts turn to Rankin-Bass holiday specials, I wonder if anyone knows of an online space where the more obscure Animagic specials might be found (preferably free)?
Nestor, Jack Frost, etc. are easy to find, but I’m talking about movies like the Hans Christian Andersen collection The Daydreamer, or The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, or maybe even Willy McBean.

Never mind. Found some on YouTube, which I hadn’t been able to find before, due to takedowns.

ETA: And that was the worst idea I’ve had. The Daydreamer’s live sequences are a Caucasian nightmare product of a whitewashed past. Ugh.

3 Likes

EH is quite a bit like an unauthorized Hellraiser movie. Maybe see it in a theater that serves alcohol.

4 Likes

That one turned me off to the whole series.

4 Likes

Blackkklansman.

Not really much I can say except that it’s one of Spike Lee’s better joints, and the epilogue is a piece of fine editing and craftsmanship.

ETA: Laura Harrier is 28? Dang, she got held back an entire decade at Peter Parker’s high school.

5 Likes

There’s no time like the present!

Screen%20Shot%20115

1 Like

Second season just started.

If you’ve seen Fringe, this is like a more realistic version of Fringe.

5 Likes

That doesn’t really compute. Fringe’s whole conceit was its unrealism.

That’s like pitching “Homeland, but without all the terrorists,” or “Once Upon a Time, but without the fairy tales.”

2 Likes

There is a government building where if you walk through the middle you’ll come out in a parallel universe, and the protagonist is an old guy locked in a battle of wits with his alternate self?

But no ghosts or werewolves or time travel or whatever.

5 Likes

Former Orphan Black star on The Daily Show yesterday

4 Likes