Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

But that’s not engineering, that’s software!

5 Likes

Anybody desperate enough to ask me for help is unlikely to know the difference.

3 Likes

Then it becomes easy: get out the candles, the skulls, a chicken and a large wicked sharp knife…

Even if they’re dissatisfied with the results, they’re highly unlikely to complain to your face. :wink:

6 Likes

…and if that fails, tell them that Windows 10 w͇ḁ̢s̬̙ ̭͉̰́w͔r̝̰̻̻̗̯i̤͇t̨̟͉t̨̺̩̖̗̞͖e̬̥̲͈͖̦̖n̨̟̘͙̰̩͎̫ i̧͍̼̹̰̠̺ͅn̶̞̱ ̭̮̝̝̖̤A͚̺̗͖̯͜P҉̮̳̯͉͈L͉̕, ̗a͎̬̩͔̹ǹd͚͙̰̘̘ ͏̙̹͔̞̩t̻͓̞͉ẖ̝̬͞ͅa̹t͉͎̹͍͓͘ ̞͢į̲t ̴i̳̤̞̹͚s̗͠ ̡̲d͕̳̙̰̰̥̖ǫ̟̻i̠̹n͕͉̳͎̪g ͠w̛͕̪h̯̳͉̟͎͈̜a̘̱t҉ ̭͕̝̱̘͢i͇̖͍͕̤t̡͎̘ ̠͙̣̞i̘͎s̵̜̰̭͉͇ ̶̯̣̣̜̜̗ṣ̭̱͇̻̼͎u͉̻͕̗̘p͚̳͇̩͝p̷̝̭̗̫̗͇o̱̼̺̬̳s̨̹̮͙͔̺e̠̝̟͘d̫͟ ̨̳͍̝̙̥t̴o̡ ́b̼̲̖͖̩ͅe͏̭̫̪͕ ̺̳͡ḑo̜̟͚̻̟̩ͅì̖͖̹͈̜̫ńg̫͉̭̥:͕̘̫͉̝̹ ̱̲͔̙̟̰̪d̦̲̼r̥̳͟i̤̖̤v̨̪͈̻͍̣i͉͔ņ̺g͙͠ ̸̟̖̙͉t̶͍̼̪h̲̟̖e̦m̜͖̻ ̰͜ma̱̞̝d̴ ͞t̙͖̜͈͖͕̙͟o̲͔̼ ̸̖̖̯̗op҉͕̜̤̘̥̦ͅe̺͙̰͉̺n̫̪̞ ̹̖̟͍̙a͝ ͍̝̥̭̞͟p̶̜̼̱̩o̥̮̘̳ͅͅr̟̺̮̲̭t͎̪̜̻͙͍̰̀a̫̺l̜̬͉̩ ̮̰̪̺̩t͈͜o̙̜͖̮͙̞̼ ̵͈̙̝̘͚t̤h͎̠̤e̴̲͍͔͍̟̜ ̠̣͍̗̙̣̥G̴̯r̲͖̪͎̀ͅe͎͉͢a̰̼͉t̬̖̦͈ ͇̗̜O͎̤̻͢l͔̙̟͠d̡ ̛O̘̝͉̹̦̖n̖̖̕e̹͓̣̬ş͇̦̘͕.

7 Likes

I like the Rincewind but I have to ask why in the other picture the lady is undressed and the men are fully clothed. (I know it’s from a TV program or some such, but the question still applies.)

1 Like

Well, Beor is a half elf barbarian. As a barbarian her AC is 10 + Dex mod + Con mod. She’d lose her AC bonuses if she were to wear even light leather armour.

Fondue is a cowardly half-orc ranger so he’d have to wear armour in case someone shoots him in the back as he runs away.

And you can’t see it there, but Boneweevil the goblin rogue doesn’t wear pants.

2 Likes

Is this quantum mechanics or medieval numismatics? Either way I don’t understand it.

2 Likes

Logic is like pointing a fan at a house of cards are far as these things go.

3 Likes

Some recent photography;

Nova Scotia is wet grey and cold 300 days a year.

He announces his presence by the wheezing and the smell.

Grandniece number two.

Grandniece number one dazzling us with her light show.

11 Likes

Earrings made from materials I bought at work - snowflake and “disco ball” ornaments, earring hooks, and acrylic paints.

13 Likes

Wait, are those all the same snowflake pendants with different paint patterns? Those are amazing!

5 Likes

This is one pair, after I got the blue darker for my co-worker. She set the price for me at $5, after asking me how much I wanted for making her a pair and I hemmed and hawed, so she shoved a five in my hand and said, “Here!”

10 Likes

Actually, they’re ornaments that are sold in the Christmas department at work. I’m working on icicles and stars. I go with the seasons (are those the Earth’s biorhythms, lol?).

And THANK YOU! I’m learning to take compliments more gracefully.

10 Likes

4 Likes

New scalemail bat but with glow in the dark materials. I had a really hard time with this pattern because the glow in the dark acrylic is much thicker than aluminum scale. I failed multiple times over multiple days until I realized I could fix all my issues by using rubber rings in the problem area. I’m thinking of using rubber for that section in all bats and butterflies from now on.

8 Likes

A couple of things from me:
I’ve finished modifying these shoes to my own specs. Influenced by Tom Sach’s Mars Yard Shoe 2.0.

Refurbished this Sella San Marco Hoskars bike saddle:

And have been filming more and more, trying to hone skills and foster creativity.

7 Likes

Finally fixed my guitar amp, turns out there were some cold solder joints which came loose from playing loud, I guess. Cleaned up some oxidation from a few contacts and it’s been behaving like new!
Working on a new piece after ignoring music for a couple of months.
Work in progress, there’s a chord I’m having trouble playing, weird fingering, haven’t even figured out what it is since playing a couple of different inversions of it just don’t sound right. There will be time for analyzing later. Be kind.

5 Likes

Is this a real amp with tubes*? Just curious.

*When I was in my late teens/early 20s transistor power amps had lots of third harmonic distortion at low power and sounded horrible. Well designed tube amps with 807s, KT66, KT88 or the odd QQV06-40A in the output stages not only had even harmonic distortion which sounds better, but they degraded gracefully at high power. I believe that nowadays this isn’t an issue and my deafness means I can’t tell anyway, but to a certain generation guitars sound “right” with second harmonic distortion.

1 Like

Not the usual use for Patch Multiples, but I have these set up for cable management between the synth rack on my right, some awkward audio interface inputs (the red lines) and the smaller modular case on the right (other colors). I didn’t really plan to arrange it this way; I was going to turn them both right-side up and bundle the cables off to the side without the gap between, but I’ll go with this unless I get desperate for that last 2HP of space.

I kind of wish now that I had a couple of purple cables, and almost want to braid these. :slight_smile:

These are all just long cables and I’m plugging the other ends in directly as needed, but this saves a lot of spaghetti mess on the rack side and lets me run a neat bundle of 12 lines most of the way over to the second case before I separate them again.

Also I have next year’s musical projects planned in a broad sense – I’m going to keep recording multiple songs per week, but instead of posting everything I’m going dump them to a private cloud server for my own review, and release the best as albums on Bandcamp (and maybe streaming services). Theme albums aren’t out of the question either, but this way I won’t have to stick completely to the theme from start to finish.

5 Likes

Sounds like a nice start. What’s the chord that has you scratching your head, and what are the chords leading up to and away from it? You can give me just the notes that make it up if you want - I’m fairly sure I can make some sense of it.

1 Like