Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

I managed a This Webinar is Over message.

:frowning:

3 Likes

I got that under certain circumstances as well, when I was trying to second-guess the URL and find another way in.

I know from the last round I had with Webinar Ninja sometimes this means the webinar is really full, so fingers crossed for @ChickieD!

Webinar Ninja has stoopid error messages.

3 Likes

I created my webinar in the old version and then discovered that it wasn’t really working. Then I somehow figured out I needed to be in the new version (which is a different URL) and, well, the shit show started then. I tried to record a webinar there with no audience but was struggling with all the basic UI - the other version I’d explored enough but I hadn’t done anything with the new one and it is totally different. Finally gave up and recorded in Zoom and uploaded it to YouTube. My email that I sent out with the link had a bunch of errors in it that I’m not proud of but, you know, this is what it feels like to learn a new thing. Until I get out there and try it live, I won’t figure it out. It’s a lot harder to give a good live webinar than it looks. After I recorded my material, which I have rehearsed, and watched the video, I felt I could really pare it down so much more and make it all clearer.

The good news is this topic seems to excite people and I think I’m a good person to teach it. And I have a start on it all.

Bad news is, I’m exhausted. Was up until 2 a.m.

giphy-downsized (6)

8 Likes

Well the good news is that I’m gonna have another one. :slight_smile:

@gadgetgirl I think that it’s my fault because I was using the OLD webinarninja which is confusingly on .co and the new one on .com They should have just put the old one on a redirect to .com. Lesson learned.

7 Likes

Yes, they are not very well organised. Even if the URL given was wrong, I should have been able to search for your session, and nothing came up.

2 Likes

Let’s try it with the correct version and see how it goes.

One of the problems (and I talk about it in that video) is that because I was a tech writer for so long, I am the worst at reading the manual. I’d prefer to muddle around until I figure it out.

The new version seems a lot better.

5 Likes

Not a Tesla driver then? Oh, is that a semi in the middle of the…

3 Likes

Not working on, but sharing designs and instructions from 1970:

8 Likes

Wowsers.

I have a friend who can actually pull this stuff off. Saved! Thank you!

3 Likes

I like Flower Power, Lover’s Knot (though I don’t have the hair for it) and Garland. They’d work with today’s styles, even.

3 Likes

Yay! You’re most welcome; glad you like them!

3 Likes

These are so groovy!!!

4 Likes

Columbia Minerva absolutely ruled knit and crochet in the 70’s. These headbands are on fleek for the day!

4 Likes

Will someone PLEASE knit all of us this choker?

5 Likes

I think that tapestry crochet would lend itself well to something like that. (I can knit, but I am not a knitter. Crochet is my jam.) Tapestry crochet can accommodate color changes, like this sort of thing (it’s not mine):

6 Likes

That’s a gorgeous basket!

I think the choker is crocheted anyhow (I go both ways when it comes to knit/crochet, though knitting came first), and then beads stitched on it. The big tube beads for macrame would have been common when that pattern was published.

4 Likes

Love the basket!!

Tapestry crochet sounds fantastic. I’m both s knitter and crocheter - beginner at both

5 Likes

Sides one and two of rocks from Lake Michigan that I painted with acrylic paints.

11 Likes

My first album as Starthief (*) is now available on Bandcamp. I guess Bandcamp embeds don’t work here, but linky:

Nereus

Dark ambient/deep ambient/abstract electronic. 12 tracks, plus three bonus tracks for album buyers.

I’d post more up-to-date photos of my modular synth rig, but I’ve got some secret unreleased stuff in there, and some holes waiting for preorders, etc.

(* 16th album overall. I spent the last two years exploring and refocusing and I honestly think this one beats all of them by far.)

11 Likes

Hmmm…backwards, it spells “Sueren”…does that mean anything?

(I grew up trying to find messages in Bealtes-vinyl, lol.)

2 Likes