Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

Sue Ren, one of Kylo’s knights…?

I used to occasionally put obscured, backwards vocal samples into my music… grabbed from shortwave radio, or radio plays or audiobooks from archive.org, or telephone system messages, or error messages rendered with text-to-speech. I briefly had “Hail Santa” backwards in something I was working on, but decided not to keep it :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s a message from someone who doesn’t like Ren Hoek?

2 Likes

They all think I’m crazy, but I know better. It is not I who are crazy. It is I who am mad! Can’t you hear them? Didn’t you see the crowd?

2 Likes

I’m currently busy with Tatchanka, a wargame of the Ukrainian Civil Wars of 1917 to 1921, and with learning nanDECK to make pieces for it and other tabletop games. After that I’ll be busy with a couple other projects.

But has anyone here tried RPG Maker MV? It’s discounted on Steam right now. Is it accessible? Does it allow a variety of approaches?

I’d like an adventure where players the player is trying to fight a typhus epidemic, or stop a pogrom, instead of the players fighting each other like in Tatchanka and conventional wargames. I thought about a Pandemic-style co-op game, but I think a roleplaying adventure would be good too.

I don’t have much experience gming tabletop games, or any writing adventures.

But fighting typhus would probaby require some abstract measure of time and exhaustion-- time spent investigating, time spent treating patients, exhaustion increasing vulnerability to typhus and other diseases, etc.-- and playing out Spartacus’s uprising would probably require some more abstract way to handle bigger battles, and characters dying in those battles.

1 Like

I’ve had this ice cream bar… since I was a child!

2 Likes

I just finished converting a cedar closet in a friend’s home office into a combination reading nook and bookshelf.

Before

After

18 Likes

Nice like that.

6 Likes

Nice nook, and it’s all very pretty, but where do all the rest of the books go?

13 Likes

Dude that is sweet. Yes please.

9 Likes

Wow! Add some nice cushions and… well, I for one wouldn’t be leaving again.

10 Likes

And it keeps moths out of the books! Seriously, I bet it smells wonderful in there.

9 Likes

Not even to fetch some of the rest of the books?

5 Likes

Eh. The cedar is so old most of the cedar oil has evaporated out. There was some cedar scent when I was pre-drilling for screws but I sanded close to a sixteenth of an inch off a scrap piece and it smelled like nothing but sawdust.

6 Likes

Too bad!

2 Likes

Add pockets to all the things!

I took the back pockets off of an old pair of my partner’s jeans. Hand stitching denim to thick fleece was a pain, but I’m happy with the results. I also moved the ears b/c I didn’t like the way they originally sat.

I’m supposed to be getting a machine soon so I can power through my basket of half finished alterations.

20 Likes

My wife is a dance teacher, we recently moved and have been working on setting up a small studio space for her to take on a few students from home.
I still have to install the trim for the floor and those curtains are temporary, but it’s usable now.

16 Likes

8 Likes

Groovy! Like your hair too!!!

10 Likes

What she said!

5 Likes

Empty candle holders, cleaned and painted with acrylic paints (the same I used on the rocks and stones I posted earlier):

7 Likes