Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

O.O

That’s a lot of switches and knobs.

Are you sure that’s not a Space Shuttle control panel?

Either way, beautiful pyrography.

7 Likes

Though I:

1. Don’t know how to use a modular synth
  2. Have no use for a modular synth
  3. Have no space for a modular synth
  4. Have no money for a modular synth

Nevertheless, I:

1. Want a modular synth

(So many buttons and switches and sliders!)

13 Likes

That is fabulous, both the system and the artwork. Smokin’, if I’m allowed to say that.

Love to get my hands on it (giving it back is the problem).

7 Likes

And that’s without the patch cords!

7 Likes

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

5 Likes

jake-beautiful

I love modular synths!

6 Likes

in a related note, if anyone hasn’t seen this and loves vintage synths, this documentary is well worth your time:

Synth Britannia:

3 Likes

It’s not very creative, but I’m going through my sources, and adding to my Tatchanka factional notes.

3 Likes

So. Many. Knobs… O_O

5 Likes

I was curious, so I just counted:

355 jacks
201 knobs
55 buttons
24 toggle switches
10 sliders
6 screens
4 blank panels
2 micro SD card readers
1 USB port
1 touch slider
1 tuning fork

9 Likes

So. Many. Jacks… O_O

4 Likes

11 Likes

Mom and Dad watch as the toddler takes first steps, while three siblings are getting antsy waiting to go get ice cream.

5 Likes

I could fit no more bags and boxes of left-over yarn people have given me under the bed so I moved a lot of it to the other side. :wink:

For any hookers who are interested, the basket weave look is made by alternating sets of front post and back post double crochets on each row.

19 Likes

Redecorating the turning workshop:

And a Merbau bowl:

11 Likes

That’s beautiful! I love it!

6 Likes

Here’s my most recent album, made with that modular rig I showed off above and some software plugins.

Commentary and patch notes here.

3 Likes

Not so much what I’m working on (which is dry walling the bathroom ceiling), but what I want to be working on (small woodworking project whose details aren’t important at this point.)

My creative process generally goes along this path:

• I get The Idea
  • The Idea percolates and begins to take on more substance.
  • Details like Can I do it?, Can I reasonably learn to do it? and Yeah, boy. Not at this juncture. are settled on and I move forward.
  • Sketches begin to form on odd bits of paper and meeting notes.
  • Usually at this point The Idea is officially ready for work. (Time, Materials and Inclination permitting)

So I think I’m there with the latest idea, but I keep vacillating between doing some wood bending (Skill Level: 1) or just some more normal millwork on it (Skill level: 3+)

My heart wants to bend the wood. But that is more time, more materials (As I don’t have a steaming box at the moment), I’ll need to build the form to bend around and some more gotchas that will threaten to derail the whole project if I decide it sucks and it gets pitched on the pile.

My head keeps saying find another way. You can bend wood later. There probably isn’t time if you want to get this ready by the Ides of May. (current delivery date of something that this project will enhance)

Much of the struggle comes from scope creep on The Idea. Originally It was much simpler when I’d set my sites on wood bending. But I complicate everything. So now I need to decide what will disappoint me the least.

• Lose the curvy bits and keep the extra bits and bobs.
  • Lose the bits and bobs and simplify the wood work down to simple so I have time to bend
  • Try and do it all and almost ensure failure and time loss

I fear the head will win out this time if I can just come to a compromise.

Back to dry wall. (That stuff is getting heavier, or I’m getting older. Oh yeah, just last week. I got older. Merde!)

6 Likes

For me, the biggest problem is that my body punishes me hard for working.

4 Likes

First attempt at something, avoid feeping creaturitis, keep it simple and correct.

4 Likes