Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

Those are cool! It almost makes me wish I could really follow patterns. It’s a mental block, or a strain of don’t-tell-me-what-to-do, but I’m happier with freeform crochet anyway.

One time I tried to make a turtle amigurimi, and it ended up 10 inches long. It was cute, just not the thing I set out to make.

It’s probably self justification, but I don’t want to make the thing in the photo, I want to make a thing that has never existed before. I still love looking at patterns and photos for inspiration, though.

I’m especially fond of this one, feed me Seymour!

Oh, I did make a cute slouchy hat a couple weeks ago.

12 Likes

I like that hat! My wife made me a brown & rust colored, wool ski hat with a pom pom ages ago. Now they seem to be in style. Ha.

Alas she had to drop crochet because of pain (talk about repetitive motion), because it was that or keyboards for her computer job, and she chose plan b. But I did send those patterns to her.

7 Likes

That hat’s adorable! Great work!

And oh, those patterns… the flowers are fantastic, and there’s an Alien pattern too…

Excuse me, I need to go hide my credit cards before I start ordering… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Acrylic on packing cardboard.

I’m considering posting these on Facebook Marketplace as original art. LOL, would you buy a piece of used original art from this woman?

(Looking for a used car, and let’s just say any details will be posted in the gear-grinding thread. Trying to keep a sense of humor about it.)

13 Likes

Awesome use of granite stitch. Love it!

2 Likes

New album release!

Spooky/dark/abstract/ambient/drone/experimental.

5 Likes

Drying now. It was white. Now it’s antiqued. Will show it in place once it’s dry and hung on the wall.

11 Likes

my old sign wasn’t laminated and fell apart. it was also just words, it said something like “please lift seat, etc” which led to the deliveryperson setting the box on the seat but under the cushion a few times. not really their fault, I totally get trying to comply with some customer’s arbitrary whim when your mind is already on the next delivery. I can’t expect them to immediately grasp the nuances of my outdoor furniture.
so, viola:

I also homemade-laminated this one with clear contact paper.

10 Likes

Inspired by the artist, Jack, I call this “Mr. Kirby’s Fuse Box”. Acrylics on empty egg carton.

16 Likes

Looks like some precious object from the Byzantine Empire now :-).

11 Likes

That’s the best compliment I’ve heard on this piece - thank you so much!

4 Likes

Still have to recover a lot of my sketches from my failed system, so, naturally enough, started new things in the interim, including some for didactic purposes:
https://musescore.com/user/29397388/scores/5469456

Also, some graphics work:

Mont Sainte-Victoire

9 Likes

And it’s going to be displayed at an art show of stuff that’s inspired by Ditko, Kirby, and Lee! I’m actually submitting it and two other pieces! Yeesh!

8 Likes

Spinning tops. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Uh oh. They’re not falling over…

9 Likes

D’ya suppose we can tap them for free energy?

7 Likes

Maybe, but I’m more worried that it’s an indication we’re trapped in somebody else’s dream world.

6 Likes

Then it’s definitely free energy for the tapping. :wink:

6 Likes

man, we had a lathe project in my 7th grade shop class. I used to love using it. something really satisfying about a lathe.

7 Likes

My spouse’s pyrography, my new setup for my modular synthesizer.

Based on some clip art and tattoo designs and inspired loosely by a diagram of black hole evaporation. This was her first pyrography project, and her comment is “never do something vertical as your first project.”

Somewhat clearer view before I mounted my gear in it:

I should have snapped a closeup of the tiny flying saucer :flying_saucer:

17 Likes