Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

I’m thinking that’s the best solution. The tripod has an inverted mode, but that only gets me about a meter between camera and subject.

1 Like

This is what I was going to say.

Good job! :+1:

1 Like

Hi, me. Here are some of the prints you made to see how your cameras work. Your Pentax has problems.

5 Likes

NASA baby blanket (continuing the non-saccharine baby stuff theme; the dad-to-be is a big fan of the Apollo missions):

It’s the first time I’ve backed a blanket with flannel. It was easier than I thought it would be. Using plaid made it easier to keep the cutting and sewing straight(ish).

13 Likes

Pentaxes have problems. I hate to admit it because I had 3 bodies and a dozen lenses, and it doesn’t mean that Nikons are actually good, but Pentax are shit. Maybe it’s a combination of not being fixable and no one wanting to fix them… but yeah, lenses.

1 Like

I’ve never had any problems with MX and K series Pentax film cameras. The only one I broke was at the end of the tripod when I tripped and the extra swing when hitting the sidewalk dented the back open. Teach me to carry my tripod on my shoulder like a Spartan with his spear. The rest were gifted to friends because they were indestructible beasts.

The ME Super I now have seems to have a big problem with finding the right exposure in auto mode. Even if the shot is mostly dark one patch of sky will throw it off. I’m going to run another roll through on fully manual before I declare it broken tho.

But their digitals? Yah. I had a K-30 and K-50 and both crapped out on me in the exact same way. If Ricoh finally kills their camera line like rumoured it probably won’t be missed by many.

2 Likes

I don’t actually like Rick & Morty but I needed to flex my fingers.

6 Likes

An old friend suggested working on drawing places instead of people. I don’t know how some folks can keep things straight without a ruler…

9 Likes

Short, sketchy lines make up a whole one.

4 Likes

How did you read my screenplay?

4 Likes

I’ve always had a lazy eye so when drawing freehand like this everything tends to start tilting like an episode of Batman '66 and I never notice until I get it done. And sometimes not until it’s photographed or scanned. When drawing people I can usually get away with it because we’re all kind of lumpy and weird… This is also why when doodling I tend to stick with people. But the tendency to tilt when working freehand is really blatant when drawing objects.

Thankfully the blackboards at work have guidelines because otherwise the kids will be going into their college entrance exams with some pretty messed up ways of writing.

I think I’ll lay down some guidelines for the next one. Maybe Rule of Thirds/Fifiths/Sevenths stuff just to let me know when I start going all Julie Newmar.

4 Likes

For point of comparison, here’s some I-guess-it’s-finished art;

Note the use of ruled lines. Of course the tilt in this one was intentional.

¬_¬ yeah

13 Likes

These are really great! I especially like the second one.

6 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Cool! I listened to some of your work. I really liked Mlem-Blar! Could you post a picture of your system?

5 Likes

This is from a month ago:

Since then I’ve done a fair amount of buying/selling/trading, and things are in flux right now but this is where I’ll be at the end of next week (ModularGrid screenshot):

That Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA is going to be replaced, once Rabid Elephant Natural Gate is released. At that point I might rearrange everything for better aesethetics and/or flow – this layout is closer to a minimal amount of shuffling required to get everything in place. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Which button drops the bass?

7 Likes

Finished updating Tatchanka earlier this year. I don’t know when it will be published. Working on design and historical notes for Tatchanka.

This is complicated, and many sources are in Russian or Ukrainian.

1 Like

This looks like fun. I don’t follow all of it. I used to work in A/V integration for hospital operating rooms and not seeing the familiar names from those days, so wish I could say something more knowledgeable, but setups like this make my inner geek go <3.

This is what we did - looks like, from their website, they aren’t doing that as much anymore.

This is from a competitor. All the controlling a/v equipment goes into a closet and that frees up the space around the operating room table for people instead of equipment, except touch screen controls and scopes. It was super fun. We used to make complicated racks - designed all the electrical to comply with hospital standards, and then make the systems do the craziest things - cameras that could be controlled by remote viewers, and being able to get labs to talk by videoconference with the people performing the surgery so results could come in while the patient was still on the table. It was such a fun job.

The things that look like racks that are over to the right are endoscope equipment, not racks. The racks are hidden.

12 Likes

I always carefully put my bass back on its stand when I’m finished with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

(It’s a cheap Chinese short-scale fretless just for noodling, which I honestly haven’t played in a couple of years.)

6 Likes