Why Not Call the Cops

1 Like

My first reaction to the story, and one I’m still sitting with, is incredulity at the idea that there’s a police force somewhere in the country actually processing rape kits instead of leaving them in storage for decades.

5 Likes

Well, isn’t SF more progressive?

1 Like

Ooooh, this has aged VERY well in some ways, and not in others.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

From a thread about landlords:

5 Likes

The only time I got evicted was after the police broke in while we were away. Someone had phoned in a tip that there might be a runaway in our apartment. There wasn’t, but the cops smashed the door down and totally trashed the place searching it. Even yanked our drawers out of the dresser and cut open our couch cushions like they thought a teenager might be hiding inside a couch cushion or under a pair of socks.

By the time we got back to our apartment, the door had been replaced, with an eviction notice on the outside and a new lock so we couldn’t even get inside to get our stuff. Hypothetically, anyway; I was able to climb in through one of the windows and get my stuff out.

Never had any charges filed or anything. But no more apartment, and since that landlord owned all the other low-rent apartments in the city too, no other apartments available either.

6 Likes
1 Like

Northern NSW floods:

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Somewhat off-topic, but just on the subject of the Sikh Volunteers:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Driving under “ovi suspicion”? Do they suspect that he’s an egg or something?

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Reporting from the time of the crash:

Given how hard it is to convict an on-duty cop for this sort of thing, he must’ve been going at warp speed and/or drunk as a lord for them to bring charges.

2 Likes