Why Not Call the Cops

Guns make problem-solving easy.

3 Likes

I mean, he did prevent a suicide, technically…

4 Likes
4 Likes

There’s an interesting video on the “one bad apple” myth by James from the Internet. You’re not obliged to watch, but if you click through, you’ll see that the video is age-restricted. There is some footage of cops accosting teens, but it’s no worse than many other videos depicting police misbehavior.

(The parent channel has been demonetized, suppressed in YouTube listings, and James’ videos have faced two content strikes-- one was lifted on appeal, one stuck. Now his video got hit with age restrictions. Hmmmm… )

5 Likes

Police Union, Lax Oversight Allow Florida Cop To Survive Three Arrests And Seven Firings

“It’s sad because I love policing,” he said. “I don’t like corrupt cops. I hate when I’m portrayed as a dirty cop who slipped through the cracks.”

4 Likes
5 Likes

Worth noting, all of them resigned from voluntary ‘crowd control’ duty within the force, but zero of them actually resigned from the force. They didn’t quit. They just quit volunteering for that one assignment.

The entire force is publicly admitting that they are either incapable of doing a job without conducting unlawful assaults on citizens, or that they could but won’t because without that perk of being allowed to beat people for fun, they just don’t feel like doing their job.

6 Likes

Yes, that’s basically what Beau said.

3 Likes

This looks like it’s just bad luck, but considering the people involved, it’s incredibly bad luck.

The man killed when he was caught up in a violent crash involving a Minneapolis police squad car pursuing a robbery suspect was the uncle of Darnella Frazier, who filmed the death of George Floyd.

6 Likes
6 Likes

What the living goddamned fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck…?

That is some Humpty-Dumpty logic, for sure!

2 Likes

I, as a general rule, point guns at everyone I meet. Think of all the crimes I’ve prevented.

3 Likes

Allllllllllllll those TikTok videos gone unmade!

1 Like

I mean, if he’d picked up a cell phone, there might be video evidence of a cop pointing a gun at 'em for no reason, or even something worse, and wouldn’t that be the real tragedy?

3 Likes

:musical_note:Intersectionality:musical_note:

3 Likes

Four years with pay?

2 Likes

Should be at least four years in jail.

Without pay.

3 Likes

Anybody want to join me in a rousing chorus of NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!?

5 Likes

3 Likes