Why Not Call the Cops

3 Likes
3 Likes

Morgan defended the decision, saying it was not that big of a deal.

2 Likes

I’d call that ex-cop all right
a lot of nasty names.

Oh well, folks thought this statue was gonna last forever

1 Like

He should have made it a lost-wax casting. I mean a lost-person casting.

4 Likes

In addition, Klarman said the company would be showing appreciation to first responders by offering them a free one-year subscription to the streaming service, saying it’s a way to “give back in a small way to those who place their lives on the line every day to keep us safe.”

1 Like

Her car was parked near a corporate office building with a surveillance camera that panned continuously back and forth.

At 10:02 p.m., the camera captures a random man jump on her hood twice and then stomp on the passenger side of her windshield.

What Garcia and her boyfriend didn’t know was that a half-hour earlier the same officers had responded to a hit-and-run pedestrian crash near 7300 E. 6th Avenue.

The two locations are just 0.3 miles apart. So when officers saw the damage to Garcia’s car, case closed.

6 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes

What do we need to know besides we’re fucked?

5 Likes

"If it is all resolved and it is a good police officer then you go, right apologies, this was why, no offences have been committed and that’s that.

“You don’t commit an offence by running away from the police.”

I’m struggling to recall whether I’ve ever heard anything that naive, even when I was in kindergarten.

6 Likes

Following a trial in July, a Hennepin County jury acquitted Jaleel K. Stallings, 29, of eight counts, including second-degree attempted murder, first-degree assault, second-degree assault and second-degree riot regarding the May 30, 2020, incident, five days after Floyd’s death.

According to charges, police in an unmarked van patrolling the area of 15th Avenue S. and Lake Street fired 40-millimeter marking rounds — commonly known as rubber bullets — at Stallings, and he returned fire with a handgun before his arrest.

Stallings’ acquittal was first reported by the Minnesota Reformer, which was also the first outlet to publish body camera footage of the incident before his attorney, Eric Rice, more extensively released it. The footage shows police riding down the street in a van firing the marking rounds without warning at bystanders or yelling “go home!”

The footage then shows them encounter Stallings, who had a permit to carry a firearm in public, and did so because of the threat of white supremacists in the area, crouched behind his pickup in a parking lot near S. 14th Avenue. At 10:53 p.m. an officer fired a single marking round at Stallings, striking him in the chest. Stallings, who according to his attorney did not realize the unmarked van was full of police officers, returned fire three times as he ducked for cover.

“Once in cover, Mr. Stallings learned that the occupants of the van were law enforcement officers, and Mr. Stallings immediately surrendered,” Rice said in a statement. Nearby surveillance footage shows Stallings immediately go to the ground. Officer Justin Stetson and Sgt. Andrew Bittell punched and kicked Stallings, who did not resist, as he said, “Listen, listen, sir!” before he is pulled to a sitting position, bloodied and dazed.

8 Likes
5 Likes

—

4 Likes
5 Likes

7 Likes
4 Likes