Why Not Call the Cops

Adrian Dunn works in this same way: composing pieces to commemorate at first those killed by police, but then for his most recent album (first concert on the release tour right at the beginning of March 2020, unfortunately) branching into other ways in which Black men and women are killed through racism….for example, his mother not being diagnosed early enough, or treated aggressively enough, and dying of cancer while still relatively young.

4 Likes

For how long could you tolerate this?

3 Likes

My skin tone is light enough that I’ll probably never know.

In my long-haired young punk days I did get stopped and they ran ID checks on me because I “matched the description of someone they were looking for” but never cuffed or flexed at.

Frisked once, and the cop told me I couldn’t carry my knife in my pocket because “that’s technically a concealed weapon.” (although that one was a dagger, not just a pocketknife, they didn’t even confiscate it or anything, just told me not to get caught with it in my pocket again).

The NY port authority nazi did confiscate my swiss army knife and wouldn’t even give me the option to put it in my checked bag. But she was snarky at everyone.

But they never gave me any attitude, just a sort of bored “we just have to do this because it’s our job”.

That’s very different than how they treat some people.

4 Likes

Also keep in mind that this is screencapped from the cop department’s official social media. They are actively bragging about harassing and cuffing an innocent man.

6 Likes

5 Likes

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article255739996.html

5 Likes

But you know what? Those cops are going home at the end of their shift, and that’s what it’s all about.

1 Like
6 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

Wow, they never told us who lived in Detroit about this - we were led to believe that it was the Murder and Arson Capital of the USA!

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

“Jeopardize” cases? Why isn’t jeopardizing these cop’s ability to feed themselves and their families?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, they don’t seem to think that far ahead for themselves and their families.

Why don’t folks like these cops realize that there is no such thing as “we won’t get caught” any more? Or at least that the chances of not getting caught have been greatly reduced due to technology?

Plus, they have the police unions. 'nuff said.

4 Likes
2 Likes