Why Not Call the Cops

2 Likes

The boy’s first text claimed he scammed a friend out of a trillion dollars. The sheriff would never consider using that text to make an arrest for fraud. The child said he used the trillion dollars to buy an automatic rifle. The sheriff wouldn’t dare to use that as evidence of the underage purchase of a gun. So what’s left? The young man said he was looking forward to a special school event, also eagerly anticipated by his classmates. And for that, he’s charged with a crime.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

“I’m supposed to be here. I’m Pastor Jennings. I live across the street,” Jennings told the officer in the body camera footage obtained by NPR. “I’m looking out for their house while they’re gone, watering their flowers,” he said.
…
“When they first pulled up, I already knew that it was gonna be something,” Jennings said in an interviewwith NPR. Jennings recalls that when the police arrived at his neighbors’ house, he immediately noticed the officers’ behavior. “[The officer] parked around back and walked around front. And immediately, you could tell by the tone of his voice I was already guilty,” he said.
…
The exchange between Jennings and the officer leads to shouting as Jennings explains to the officers that he has done nothing wrong. He tells the officers: “I told him I’m a pastor. … You want to lock me up, lock me up. … Lock me up and see what happens. I want you to.”

Jennings, a former police officer himself, is seen on video placed in handcuffs for not providing the officers with his identification.

3 Likes

Ohhhh, they fucked up bad as Bobby Terry did in “The Stand”!

4 Likes

Uvalde school district suspends its police department as shooting probe report nears

4 Likes

After the Adams County Sheriff’s Office conducted a raid on his Ohio property in 2022 with a warrant for drug trafficking and kidnapping, Afroman, real name Joseph Foreman, told VICE he lost out on gigs and felt angry and powerless. He channeled that energy into a pair of songs, “Lemon Pound Cake” and “Will You Help Me Repair My Door,” with music videos that feature actual footage of deputies smashing their way onto his property, rifling through his belongings, and checking out the baked goods sitting on his counter before they cut power to his personal security cameras altogether. Clips from Afroman’s music videos have since gone viral on TikTok. He was never charged with a crime, and maintains that the sheriff’s department stole $400 of his money that they seized during the raid.

Speaking of the search warrant, it’s wild. It not only accuses Afroman of drug trafficking, it claims he’s suspected of kidnapping.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I can’t even, any more.

2 Likes

Scorpion stands for “Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods”.

They restored the hell out of that peace.

2 Likes

Scorpion

“I am sorry, but I couldn’t resist the urge. It’s in my nature.”

3 Likes

No one has answered why The Scorpion Unit was working a routine traffic stop in the first place.

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

They’re the 21st-century versions of Centurions?

I can’t check, but some are saying that bodycam footage contradicts the police story:

2 Likes

Footage contradicts the pigs? Well, Fry is Shocked Not Shocked Dot Gif.

1 Like