Why Not Call the Cops

2 Likes

Afroman sued for using footage of cops raiding his home in music video

4 Likes

And a lawyer’s opinion:

3 Likes

I’m completely obsessed with this story. Afroman has totally punked these assholes.

3 Likes

I would say the cops are fucked but the judge is probably golf pals with the police chief so there is still a chance the cops will win the case.

However, the Streisand effect is strong with this one. I’m ready to send Afroman a wad of cash just bc if the cops win he still deserves to be hailed a hero.

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

According to him, the officer allegedly involved had been named the department’s “best officer”.

2 Likes
1 Like

“He was crying. I was getting the response I expected from him,” Lt. Michael Schoenbrod told the Department of Children and Families caseworker

1 Like

Oh, this kid needs therapy already!

The cop needs to be put on suspension and forced to go to a childcare class.

1 Like

I’ve read about the days when cops were called “bulls” and with good reason. And that was at least just one hundred years ago.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t want to dig in too deep because it’s a bit of a sore point to me. But I grew up in Tennessee. And I want people to know that Appalachian Tennessee is not at all the same as Plantation Tennessee. Those are two very different communities with completely different cultures. And we hate each other.

It’s still a bit messed up when you’re up in the hills and hollers and it ain’t all perfect, but it sure ain’t like that. Please don’t think all Tennesseans are the same. We have our own separate lines of crap to deal with which yes, also certainly does include racism, but thank the gods it’s not as bad like it is out in plantation country.

I could rant on about this for hours but I’m just going to stop now.

If you’re just clocking in, and potentially wondering whether TN is bad, well it’s a lot more complicated than that. Yes, and also No.

6 Likes

And now for some truly good cop news:

And they’re both very photogenic.

I just thought it would be a nice change to put something like this in the thread, even though it could’ve gone into another one.

5 Likes

Still not letting my guard down, but this is a sweet story.

4 Likes