Women, amirite?

How does one perform soul searching when one never had a soul?

9 Likes

12 Likes

Hamrick and others investing in the Ohio race stress that the best defense is a good offense, and are urging allies to flip the script and attack Democrats as abortion extremists.

That ought to be amusing. What are the Republicans going to say? “These Democrats are radical extremists who want to return things to how they used to be in the good old days! We can’t stand for conservative ideas like that! Don’t let them make America great again! Oh…umm…wait.”

:rofl:

8 Likes
5 Likes

When my spouse had to fly with our kid and without me, I explained he must sit between our kid and any other adult. Every time. He’s a good guy, but a guy. Sexual harassment or assault on a plane had never occurred to him.

8 Likes

“She said club security told her they couldn’t kick out Epshteyn because he was a big spender, though security guards eventually led him out of the bar to police.”

“Epshteyn was also charged in 2014 with assault-touching following a fight at another Scottsdale bar, court records show. He reached a plea deal with prosecutors and the conviction was later set aside.”

Another Trump.

Doesn’t sound like the kind of good moral character required for a law license.

5 Likes

They’re going to say the same thing they’ve been saying for the last 5 years or so, at least. This is not a new strategy on their part. They claim that Democrats support completely unrestricted abortion up to the moment of birth for any and all reasons. And the problem is, there is some truth to that, sort of, but, of course, it’s highly misleading. No one is changing their mind and deciding they don’t want a baby at 35 weeks and getting an abortion. But health complications and emergencies do happen at that point, both to the mother and the fetus, and sometimes an abortion is the best option available among nothing but horrible options, and no one should be made to justify that decision to the state. But if you try to explain that to one of these anti-abortion activists, they will invariably call you a liar and tell you about their neighbor’s cousin’s best friend’s mother’s sister’s daughter who just decided she didn’t want to be pregnant anymore and got an abortion at 35 weeks.

11 Likes

I used to work with a guy who’s wife had a fetus die at term, 40 weeks. Fetuses die at every stage of pregnancy, which is why humans do not celebrate conception day. We celebrate birth days. It’s called “the miracle of life” for a good reason, a billion and one things can and often do go wrong in pregnancy.

It’s not surprising to me that people so devoted to a made up deity pretend every pregnancy will result in a live human. These people should not be driving policy for medical care anywhere.

12 Likes

Yep. I have a good friend who lost her baby at about 38 weeks. It was the most gut wrenching thing. She and her wife had been so excited about it, posting all kinds of things on social media for months, renovating a room for a baby room, etc. And then right near the end like that, she just noticed the baby had stopped kicking and moving completely and that was it. She went ahead and delivered hers, but it’s such a personal decision. No one should make that decision for someone else.

12 Likes