A Roundup of Worldwide Evil

5 Likes

ds9-shoot-me-quark

11 Likes

Xinjiang says the centres will tackle extremism through “thought transformation”.

7 Likes

Brainwashing is so 1960s. Gah.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Is this evil, or just very very sad?

I feel like he’s crying out for help.

8 Likes

Cry for help among the people who love you and are a kind of family. Does Kanye not know what love is? Uh huhm.

7 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

In order to train torturers, you need disposable, unimportant people for them to practice on, so it doesn’t matter when they screw up and kill someone too quickly.

I have to disagree.

Historically, torture has been used to satisfy torturers, to spread terror, and to extract confessions. Of course there’s a justification about extracting information, but it doesn’t work for that. So unless they’re extracting a confession, they don’t need extra disposable people to practice on.

This does not make it any better.

Recently, over the past several decades, torturers have developed less-often-lethal techniques such as pepper spray, sleep deprivation, etc., as well as “rough rides,” so again they wouldn’t need extra people unless they’re deliberately practicing lethal torture.

8 Likes

Corrct me if I’m wrong, but I think this guy is even worse than Trump.

8 Likes

Very well could be… from what I’ve heard, he seems pretty despicable… The global marching of the far right into power is depressing and scary… I’m so sick of this happening.

buffy-sad

10 Likes

Yes. His supporters have promised to kill the gays. There will be more murders, because of him.

7 Likes

His tough-on-crime stance that vowed to give more leeway to law enforcement to kill criminals

What? Words, meaning, all fade to mist…

5 Likes

Think of all the things Trump had openly told us his disgusting agenda, that people pretended he couldn’t possibly have meant only to be proven wrong again and again.

Now compare: Bolsonaro has called refugees scum of the earth, talked about whipping children to stop them from becoming gay, and described some of the African descendants as not even good for procreation. He has said police who kill should be given medals rather than prosecution, and that police who don’t aren’t police. And he has not only spoken in favor of dictatorship, but once famously said the Brazil’s last one did not go far enough, and should have killed 30000 people more.

And that’s just a sample from a little searching and an episode of Last Week Tonight. It seems to me that Trump is wearing a dictator costume over his petty self-absorption, while Bolsonaro was born into one. If he is anything less than a total catastrophe – for the world’s 5th largest populace, and incidentally, for the Amazon and global climate the rest of us depend on – it will be a miracle.

If anyone is there to write it, our world’s epitaph is going to be short and insulting. :expressionless:

14 Likes

Could have made heaven
Would have had to share with all
So made Hell instead.

14 Likes

I like it. It’s more generous than what I would have said.

4 Likes

I don’t see how “Damning the world over greed and petty squabbles” can be interpreted generously, but I’m glad you like it.

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

For me, it’s somewhere between

Those voting for them
Earned the special place in Hell
That they created

And:

Fuck this goddamn place
Fuck those motherfucking fucks
And their mothers too

4 Likes

Strangely, I wasn’t initially going for a haiku. I just wrote out what I wanted to say on three lines, and ended up with 5-8-6 syllables.

And then I realized what I’d almost done, and took it the rest of the way.

9 Likes