A Roundup of Worldwide Evil

Whatever happened to the idea that public transportation was supposed to be accessible?

3 Likes

Not sure if I should file this under here, or “Hope,” but…

On the “evil” hand…

On Thursday, Hungary’s parliament passed a bill that allows employers to demand between 250 to 400 hours of overtime a year, and permits them to delay payment by up to three years.

On the “hope” hand, this seems to have provoked enough of a response that it might represent the start of a tipping point against Orban.

10 Likes

I’m sure he’s blaming all this on George Soros.

2 Likes

This is why these idiots can never be “populist”. Someone proven able to fuck over his employees can never pull this shit off for too long.

6 Likes

How’d you guess?

6 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

Negligence instead of evil-- but the effect is the same:

8 Likes

I reject the distinction.

A similar tailings dam, owned in part by the same company burst a few years back, with similar results. And then they seem to have expanded this mine beyond the dam’s rated capacity.

At a certain point, acting with the knowledge that something horrible is eventually going to happen because of your actions, and not caring enough to do anything to prevent it, is every bit as evil as deliberately causing the same thing to happen.

Look at, for example, Andrew Anglin and the Daily Stormer. On every post, he put disclaimers that he didn’t want people to do anything illegal to the people he doxxed. But his followers, enabled by his hate posts, took illegal action anyway.

Were his actions any less evil because he just didn’t care if his victims got harassed, rather than explicitly calling for that harassment? I don’t think so.

If you know what the results of your actions will be, and you choose to go through with those actions, then I can’t see how those results can be characterized as anything other than the results that you intend, whether or not they’re something that you really want to happen.

13 Likes

Yup. This book does a good job at digging into that sort of thing:

It’s evil, and incredibly pervasive.

9 Likes

I think this is the appropriate thread.

9 Likes

Bah! Since when has capitalism been evil?!

3 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

This is about the least surprising news in quite a while. These bastards are a big black hole sucking in our money and time, and keeping nurses (and ex-nurses in doctors’ offices) busy with make work.

8 Likes

Yeah. I can’t imagine how much time employees in doctor’s offices spend in dealing with insurance cos and drug companies… Many have entire staff portion JUST to deal with these back end issues! It’s an insane way to run a business, much less provide needed care for human beings!

12 Likes

It is a concern I have that if the US ever went to Single Payer, a whole lot of middlemen would be out of a job.

And we remember what Capt. Mal had to say about that…

5 Likes

Respect coming to a middle?

4 Likes