All the healthy stuff

I can’t say for sure whether or not this works, though I wish I’d had this information back when my dad was so sick. In case it helps anyone else:

4 Likes

Sigh

If I compromise on what to eat, my body still punishes me with horrific migraines.

Okay, so I need to figure out how to get the Corona booster… and possibly the polio vaccine too:

2 Likes

I just went to Walmart. They have a site where you can sign up for an appointment and you just walk in and the pharmacist injects you. It was super quick. They also do it at Walgreens.

4 Likes

Rite-Aid does the same thing. It was difficult to set up the initial shots because of high demand, but setting up my boosters was a breeze. (I know Rite-Aid gives the Corona shot, I’m not sure about the polio vaccine.)

5 Likes

I tried to do that for my 1st shots, couldn’t get through the website to register.

1 Like

You might try again. I found it pretty easy. The first shots were much more in demand.

4 Likes

Got my first booster at Wal-Mart, second at Rite-Aid.

You can pre-register and schedule on the site, but you don’t have to. There were no crowds or waiting or anything at either place. You can just walk in and do it. During pharmacy hours, of course.

4 Likes

The pharmacy requires online registration, which hits me with animation, and then freezes.

1 Like

I’d just walk in and ask the pharmacist. Just go at an off hour when they won’t be busy, like during a week day. Ours had plenty of appointments and it just takes a moment for them to unfreeze the vaccine and inject it. Sadly not as many people are getting the boosters.

2 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

It all boils down to the mental torture of “I’m not doing enough of everything!”

(well, for me it does)

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out if I have celiac, or lactose intolerance, or what. The good news is that most causes would also explain some of my migraines and other symptoms. The bad news is that they’d require another big dietary change…

3 Likes

They can build artificial limbs to replace and work better than the originals, but it’s still hit-and-miss when it comes to figuring out what one takes in that feels so dreadful once it’s inside one and/or when it comes out. I’m just going to stick with round crackers, iced tea, coffee, and chicken nuggets. Salad mix spoils too quickly cos I don’t eat it everyday. Ugh.

Do you ever wish we could just be like plants and plunk ourselves down in some clean earth and sleep whilst we absorb nutrients? Then we could just wake up and unroot ourselves, refreshed, and go about our days. I’m sure there’s flaws, but it sounds better than what we have now, lol!

4 Likes

I so love this idea, @Lucy_Gothro1. Now I just want to go sit in the yard and if anybody comes near be like “I’m busy being a plant, come back at harvesting season.”

Back on topic though, I 100% recommend lactaid or generic equivalent - 9000 FCC lactase units, (which might be labeled ‘extra strength’). I take 2 to 6 of those, depending on the meal, and other people in the family do about the same.

It makes a huge difference for us. May not solve your problem, @MarjaE but it’s definitely worth a try at least. No side effects, it’s just a digestive enzyme. If that helps you as it does us, then you can do the deeper dive into what kinds of cheese are ok vs what kinds will result in unpleasantness and so on.

(Basically hard cheeses that have been aged a long time are good, soft cheeses like cream cheese or cottage cheese are really bad.)

3 Likes

I have a referral to see a gastroesterologist. I called the office, they said no, they wouldn’t allow me to schedule an appointment. It’s not that they’re booked, or they’re not taking new patients, they’ve just got several more layers of bureaucracy, and require patients to call our other doctors to fax our latest medical records forward or something. I’m in too much pain from that phone call to put my head in the meat-grinder any longer.

3 Likes

Well, this is interesting.

I stopped eating wheat after about 6 weeks of sometimes-messy digestive symptoms, a wheat-heavy meal Wednesday evening, and 1 more night of messy digestive symptoms.

I have a lot of aches and pains and continuing migraines, but not the earlier digestive symptoms. Some sources refer to “gluten withdrawal,” which seems to fit my experience now and other times I’ve gone without for a few days. Hoping I feel better afterwards.

4 Likes

Try taking lactase pills every time you have dairy — 2 at a time, even — and see if that makes any difference. That’s the easiest one to test for.

2 Likes

Ah, I’m on my phone, and hadn’t read ahead. Much better answer than mine!

2 Likes