All the healthy stuff

I managed to schedule a gastro appointment… for December.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Anyone know how to get fragrance out of hair?

Used an antifungal shampoo saturday night; it contained fragrance, been very sick since, with sore throat and worse migraine waking me up after a couple hours’ sleep, and with persistent migraine all day.

P.S. I had tried to order a fragrance-free version, but … it still lists fragrance as an ingredient.

2 Likes

maybe a vinegar rinse? not sure how good (or not) that is for your hair, though. maybe a baking soda scrub, and rinse, too (not at the same time! haha). sunlight also helps deodorize things.

3 Likes

I was just going to suggest the same! If you use apple cider vinegar, it even accentuates any red/copper highlights in the hair.

2 Likes

I washed with baking soday this morning, it really seems to help with this. Supposed to be bad for my hair, but better than cutting it off.

3 Likes

Here’s a recipe for DIY dry shampoo.
https://nowastenutrition.com/baking-soda-dry-shampoo/#:~:text=paprika%2C%20red%20clay-,How%20to%20Use%20Baking%20Soda%20Dry%20Shampoo,dry%20shampoo%20in%20powder%20form.

1 Like

My allergy synptoms keep returning, worse and worse. I cut my hair today, and I’m going to try to get tomato juice to wash it tomorrow.

1 Like

Okay, washed with tomato juice yesterday, feeling a lot better today, will wash with it again later today.

3 Likes

I’m trying glasses straps, seeing if they reduce eye strain at the computer, by countering the tendency of my glasses to slide off.

2 Likes

So I’m living with my brother. He’s preparing his breakfast, has a bowl of wheat, over an open drawer with the cutlery. Naturally some spilled onto it. It’s driving me nuts. Wheat, or coffee, or my other allergens get onto everything. I sometimes offer suggestions to try to avoid this, and he ignores them…

Should I keep my own set of dishes and cutlery in my room, where I don’t have to worry about spills?

1 Like

If your allergies are that severe, then yes, you need to protect yourself first.

However, he really should understand how important this is. What works to get an idea stuck into his head so that he can’t forget it?

1 Like

Good. The woman who used to cut my hair for years bravely decided to try this type of product before using it on customers. She had severe breathing problems, and had to go on a high dose of prednisone for awhile. And she had major side effects of prednisone–among them psychosis, IIRC.

I recall some companies switched to glutaraldehyde, which has safety concerns too. I wonder if the rule will cover that too.

4 Likes

Does anyone know of accessible online resources for post-concussion syndrome?

There used to be a subreddit, but owing to Reddit’s enshittification, they no longer allow posts.

There is a Discord, because of course there is, but it’s not accessible, because it’s a fucking Discord.

1 Like

I had to go to the hospital for some tests today.

The taxis sometimes go to the main entrance, sometimes to the emergency entrance, and it’s hard to get from one to the other to watch both. The taxis are sometimes marked, sometimes unmarked, sometimes impossible to check due to flashing hazard(ous) lights. The whole system relies on pain calls and text messages, and I don’t have a cell pain. (I know I got an offer for a free one, but I contacted the service about accessibility options, and there weren’t any.)

If the buses were accessible, I’d take the buses instead.

But it was painful due to the cold and flashing lights, and frustrating and exhausting, and I’m not sure what to do next time.

3 Likes

www.quakergranolarecall.com

I don’t think the plain oats are involved.

1 Like

It may just be because restricting eating time means people eat fewer calories overall.

In a randomized-controlled trial, people who followed a time-restricted diet lost about the same amount of weight as people who ate the same diet without the time restriction, according to a study published Friday in Annals of Internal Medicine.

I suspect it may have benefits for some, but depends a lot on other variables as well…

2 Likes

I’m having a colonoscopy tomorrow and I’m doing the prep. Feeling pretty nauseated and simultaneously hungry. I’m trying to plan what to eat after, and thinking miso soup and vegetable sushi rolls would be easy to digest. There is a good place really close to the hospital.

6 Likes

Honestly, you can eat anything you want afterward. You won’t feel like you need to worry about your digestion. Have whatever you want as a treat to yourself!

5 Likes

Well that does open up the options! This place is a bit of a splurge, price wise, so I will have a nice little treat.

4 Likes