Apocalypse Watch

It’s not a pre-existing condition? I expect those of us living in tectonically stable areas would have it more easily available…

5 Likes
5 Likes

A violent black market?

Coming in 2020: Sandrunners: A Dump Truck Full of Blood.

8 Likes

Interesting article. Yet another resource we’re using up faster than it’s being replenished. It mentions that desert sand isn’t suitable for construction because it has been worn round by wind erosion, and thus doesn’t have the sharp edges needed to resist cracks when used as aggregate in concrete. But I don’t see the problem for using it to make glass as the sand is melted anyway.

Hey, there’s always the sand on Mars – unless there’s too much iron in it.

5 Likes

Mostly eroded by wind?

5 Likes

Well, there goes that start-up.

5 Likes

Ditto for silicon for computer chips.

6 Likes

3 Likes
10 Likes

This must be news from the “yeah, no shit” file.

6 Likes

Motive still unknown…

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/yayitsrob/status/1021424931538710529

7 Likes

I have no idea where the Banshees found the sample (right at the beginning), but it’s always struck me as true.

6 Likes

Well, that takes care of the refugee problem. /s /black humor

5 Likes

https://www.quotes.net/mquote/1022991

Edit - Since it didn’t one-box…

It Came from Outer Space 1953

Sheriff Matt Warren:
Did you know, Putnam, more people are murdered at ninety-two degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once - lower temperatures, people are easy-going. Over ninety two, it’s too hot to move. But just ninety-two, people get irritable.

9 Likes

Apparently it’s from the movie “It Came from Outer Space” (1953), in a section titled “Doubts and Paranoia”. The only online video clip doesn’t seem to be working, but here it is FWIW:

6 Likes

Hah! Guess you’re just a little quicker on the draw this evening!

6 Likes

Haven’t found the quote yet though

3 Likes

3 Likes

squee I love the internet. I really thought I’d never find out where that was from. I could tell from the delivery it was an “old movie”, so I’d given up.

Thanks everyone!

7 Likes