IMG_3208

5 Likes

Off the furniture.

Good girl. Have a snack.

2 Likes

Pffffffft.

IMG_3190

7 Likes

Oh, @Justa_Little_Whinger, so very sorry to have caused trouble - I hope I did OK tidying up after myself… care to come closer and check to be sure?

IMG_3191

ARF ARF ARF ARF ARRRRRRRRRF!

4 Likes

My, oh my, things are really coming to a head in New York. The big city is always so exciting!

5 Likes

I got a record I want to hear.

I know he’s greek and all,

but will you just listen to the cut of this cat’s jib?

I think this may be THE ONE

to give us the big hit we all crave…

7 Likes

A Full Collins? Yes, but make me another one. They’re pretty tasty tonight.

8 Likes

Oh my, this is news! Which one of us did he hit? Is everyone ok?

Poor Mr. Collins probably had one too many of these fancy drinks.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Well, on the subject of chainsaws, there was one fall when Harold had broken his leg and I had to cut the wood. Not for that winter of course, but cut the wood to stack and dry for the following year. We would have had plenty for the upcoming winter, but then would have had to buy some dried for the following season. So Harold watched Billy, who was almost a year old. Thank goodness Billy hadn’t learned to walk quite yet, or Harold would have been good for nothing. Well, they watched a lot of baseball in the big chair together, and I cut the wood to length with the chainsaw and split it on the pneumatic splitter. Grandpa (Billy’s Grandpa on my side) was too weak at that point to cut for very long, but he lent me some leather chaps that fit closer, and he helped me stack. Sometimes he’d watch the game with the boys and then come help clean up after I’d finished cutting and splitting. It took me the weekends in half of September and all of October, but I set us six cords, stacked and tarped, and up off the ground on pallets from the paper mill. I got pretty good with the saw too. I had one close call when I hit a sugar tap in a piece of maple, and the saw bucked, but no other problems. Now, I’m better with my paring knife in the the kitchen than with the saw in the yard, but I learned a lot of respect for a chainsaw that fall, and for anybody skilled enough to use one and keep their insides where they belong.

8 Likes

IMG_3226

6 Likes

Wheeeee!

5 Likes

Hey Moe, what are you doing here in the necktie lounge? You still got a head don’t ya? I guess you don’t really have a head to loose. Man it’s good to see you. What you up to? Do you want a beer?

You’re helping Mr. Collins now? That funny I didn’t think he was your type I haven’t seen you read a book in centuries.

What’s that you say, your enemy’s enemy is your friend? You swore your ending allegiance to Mr. Collins because he slew Bag of Hammers which avenged my death? Awww. You didn’t have to do that. I’m touched man. You’ve been the most loyal friend an immortal could have. Here I still got a few extra shrimp in my pocket for you.

What? You gotta go already? You just got here. Okay have fun protecting Mr. Collins. Don’t loose any tentacles in the next battle.

7 Likes

Take your spam elsewhere. There is only one official Necktie Lounge knife sharpener.

5 Likes

Jane (@MalevolentPixy) has a strange craving for soft serve.

ghost

10 Likes

Oh, hey there! Pull up a chair, have a drink or two–

~makes vague gestures with a bottle of vodka, less than half-full by now~

–and have some popcorn.

~grabs a few kernels out of the bowl and tosses them at the back of the Whinger’s head as he passes by.~

9 Likes

nudges Evelyn, motions to funnel to pass with the vodka

6 Likes

It’s getting more and more difficult to get a drink around here.

IMG_3229

Bartender! Woof woof!

6 Likes

~shrugs, passes the bottle of vodka to the Ratchett~

4 Likes

twists head around on the bar to face Evelyn, points at gaping neck-hole, slides bottle and funnel over to Ennis

5 Likes