IMG_3200

7 Likes

bontartan

Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT
(Done dirt cheap)
Neckties, contracts, high voltage
(Done dirt cheap)

5 Likes

I’ll just leave this right here. Because what choice did I have?

4 Likes

Look, can I help it that some other left my puss face-down in the muck for a nigh-century?

For a group that’s faced, pun intended, ridicule and body shaming for centuries, can you blame a devil for wanting to vanquish you all?

4 Likes

An immaculately-kept Iso Grifo roars down the road and pulls up outside the Necktie Lounge with a squeal of brakes.

Zero gets out, looking angry, and heads in.

Anyone want a drink? I’m thinking the wrong guys got their heads cut off.

8 Likes

~comes out of the kitchen, passing a scowling YOwOL, and distributes heaping bowls of popcorn to each table. She settles back in her chair, popcorn to one side, vodka bottle (about two-thirds full by now) on the other~

Well, whatever happens now, it ought to be interesting.

~munches popcorn and waits for the next event in the living world to unfold~

Anybody want to place a bet?

4 Likes

bet on Jane… She has the most Gods on her side!

(statistically, Zero is the most dangerous. But he supposedly is not fighting this round, so not much to bet on).

4 Likes

Bet, did you say? Let me chew on that for a bit.

Along with some of that popcorn, woof.

4 Likes

IMG_3208

5 Likes

Off the furniture.

Good girl. Have a snack.

2 Likes

Pffffffft.

IMG_3190

7 Likes

Oh, @Justa_Little_Whinger, so very sorry to have caused trouble - I hope I did OK tidying up after myself… care to come closer and check to be sure?

IMG_3191

ARF ARF ARF ARF ARRRRRRRRRF!

4 Likes

My, oh my, things are really coming to a head in New York. The big city is always so exciting!

5 Likes

I got a record I want to hear.

I know he’s greek and all,

but will you just listen to the cut of this cat’s jib?

I think this may be THE ONE

to give us the big hit we all crave…

7 Likes

A Full Collins? Yes, but make me another one. They’re pretty tasty tonight.

8 Likes

Oh my, this is news! Which one of us did he hit? Is everyone ok?

Poor Mr. Collins probably had one too many of these fancy drinks.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Well, on the subject of chainsaws, there was one fall when Harold had broken his leg and I had to cut the wood. Not for that winter of course, but cut the wood to stack and dry for the following year. We would have had plenty for the upcoming winter, but then would have had to buy some dried for the following season. So Harold watched Billy, who was almost a year old. Thank goodness Billy hadn’t learned to walk quite yet, or Harold would have been good for nothing. Well, they watched a lot of baseball in the big chair together, and I cut the wood to length with the chainsaw and split it on the pneumatic splitter. Grandpa (Billy’s Grandpa on my side) was too weak at that point to cut for very long, but he lent me some leather chaps that fit closer, and he helped me stack. Sometimes he’d watch the game with the boys and then come help clean up after I’d finished cutting and splitting. It took me the weekends in half of September and all of October, but I set us six cords, stacked and tarped, and up off the ground on pallets from the paper mill. I got pretty good with the saw too. I had one close call when I hit a sugar tap in a piece of maple, and the saw bucked, but no other problems. Now, I’m better with my paring knife in the the kitchen than with the saw in the yard, but I learned a lot of respect for a chainsaw that fall, and for anybody skilled enough to use one and keep their insides where they belong.

8 Likes