Biden Our Time

Just because the horrorshow is no longer in charge, doesn’t mean four years of bliss.

He will do some good, he will fuck up. This is a thread for all of that.

And, no, I can’t resist a pun like that, just sitting there.

12 Likes

I was thinking of “Cup of Joe,” but this will do well.

5 Likes

I approve of the play on words and the description of the topic.

5 Likes
5 Likes

This is good, but…

Unfortunately, the industry still can demand lucrative state contracts. We also don’t know how many 40 year contracts just started: this does after all only affect renewals.

Private prisons are something that should never exist. Period.

5 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

i love this. “you can choose this stick, or the bigger stick.” they should totally do this.

4 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

Not saying anything we didn’t already know:

9 Likes

It didn’t even take a month for the GOP to suddenly become very concerned again about the deficit.

13 Likes

Though, auditing certain “mandatory spending” programs isn’t necessarily a bad thing… such as cold-hard cash to departments that literally break the law, like those with initials containing C, E, and I.

I know those aren’t the ones GOP wants to audit, but such a thing could be amusing.

And apparently (for good news), the ridiculous mandatory spending the USPS had to do is suspended. Like, it’s one thing to have to ensure that your employee pension fund is full (good!), and entirely another to ensure that every potential employee for the next 50 years is funded every single year.

Your guys’ postal service is amazing. Do not take it for granted.

5 Likes

It’s one service mandated by the constitution.

3 Likes

Yes, but the level of service… what you’re referring to right now as “dysfunctional” and “clustefucked” for Canada Post is baseline normal. The Constitution says you need a postal service, not an incredibly good one. Cherish that the way we do our healthcare.

Oh and try to get yourselves some healthcare. That shit is awesome.

9 Likes

They need to fire his ass. Biden said he’s not going to hesitate to fire people who act disrespectfully, and this is a bog standard case of that. Fire him.

4 Likes

I’m hearing that he has stage IV cancer, so the optics are complicated.

But yeah, I’m not happy with Biden waffling on yet another campaign promise. At this point I’m doubting he’s going to fulfill any of his pledged agenda.

3 Likes