Biden Our Time

Here’s a photo of Nixon’s dogs:

Now, I see nothing wrong with them, just as I see nothing wrong with the photo Newsmax showed to pretend that Biden has a ‘junkyard’ dog. But it could certainly be argued that Nixon’s dogs were just as ‘unkempt’ in the moment.

7 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

surprised they aren’t comparing them to trump’s do… oh, nvm.

3 Likes

Which one is Checkers?

2 Likes

Weird, you’re right, Checkers was much darker. Huh.

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t remember that Checkers never lived to see the White House!

2 Likes

I was just asking because I didn’t remember what kind of puppers Checkers was… just that he got the dog when he was VP…

1 Like

One other thing I probably should tell you because if we don’t they’ll probably be saying this about me too, we did get something-a gift-after the election. A man down in Texas heard Pat on the radio mention the fact that our two youngsters would like to have a dog. And, believe it or not, the day before we left on this campaign trip we got a message from Union Station in Baltimore saying they had a package for us. We went down to get it. You know what it was.

It was a little cocker spaniel dog in a crate that he’d sent all the way from Texas. Black and white spotted. And our little girl-Tricia, the 6-year old-named it Checkers. And you know, the kids, like all kids, love the dog and I just want to say this right now, that regardless of what they say about it, we’re gonna keep it.

1952, so a dog’s lifetime before Nixon reached the Presidency.

3 Likes

Some sort of spaniel, I do know that…er, and so do you prior to reading this, lol.

2 Likes

Here’s Checkers!

So yes!

5 Likes

They need two cats now - one purebred and one mutt cat each. (Sometimes purebreds are put up for rescue, which is why I didn’t used “rescue” instead of “mutt”.)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Say what you will about some of his other policies, he’s right to support unions. Are astroturfers trying to hide this video or something?

8 Likes

yeah, he may be unsatisfactory in other ways, but unions definitely have a friend in the white house now, and that’s got to be worth something.

5 Likes

This is the time of small moves; while staying on top, most vigorously, of the urges of everyone in power to give away the store.

Pardon my semicolon. I couldn’t figure out how to make it roll otherwise.

1 Like

My understanding is that most Native Americans prefer to be called by their tribal name and see both Native American and Indian as equally insulting.

4 Likes

i think you’re probably right about preferring tribal names first, but all the Indian people i have ever met also use the term “Indian” frequently as well, but that could be one of those things where within the culture you can get away with using an honestly offensive term, but if you’re outside the culture then just don’t, please.

5 Likes

From watching “Natives React” videos on YouTube (I think I’ve posted a couple on other threads), they use all the words - Native and Indian.

4 Likes

Excellent news, for many reasons, as are explained in the article:

9 Likes