Biden Our Time

5 Likes

FINALLY, news I’ve been waiting for:

aaaaahnd, no.

2 Likes
3 Likes

more of him in every state, please.

3 Likes

I told a friend of mine I bet he could kick Jim Jordan’s ass; he reminded me that Jordan’s a well-trained wrestler. I came back with, “He just has to kick him in the balls.”

2 Likes
13 Likes
3 Likes

honestly, i think Salon is full of shit. pulling 50% of all poverty-level children OUT of poverty is nothing to sneeze at. this is a huge victory, and is going to help so many people.

2 Likes

The point is, it’s not enough. And that is very true.

2 Likes

so what? everyone knows it’s not enough – but it’s a dang fine start.

3 Likes

The planned increases reportedly include: raising the corporate tax from 21 percent to 28 percent; increasing the income tax rate on people making more than $400,000; expanding the estate tax; paring back tax preferences on pass-through businesses such as limited-liability companies; and setting up a higher capital gains tax rate for individuals making at least $1 million.

Tax hikes included as part of infrastructure and job packages will likely include repealing part of former President Trump’s 2017 tax law that largely benefitted corporations and wealthy individuals, the news outlet notes, citing sources close to the matter.

6 Likes

Good. What’s the point of saving money to buy a great car if the bridge you’re driving in collapses?

3 Likes

Or more generally, what’s the point in having $huge_amount_of_income if the entire country is collapsing down around you?

6 Likes

They could just go to another country? O WAIT THERE’S A PANDEMIC!

1 Like

It’s about time. I can hear “TAX AND SPEND DEMOCRAT PARTY!!!” screaming already.

3 Likes
4 Likes

If anyone here has a small business that was in operation in 2019, I recommend to follow Max Maher on YouTube for updates. He has links to Womply where you can make an application. They have made a lot of changes to the program and it is super easy to apply.

2 Likes
5 Likes

So many different threads I could put this in…

4 Likes

And he didn’t even do his homework to find out whether anyone was there or not!

1 Like