But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! đŸ‘»

18 Likes

Does anyone else remember Breakfast of the Gods, the webcomic that imagined a war between all of the cereal mascots? The main site is down, but the first few pages are still available here.

5 Likes

That is really freaking well drawn.

They probably got a takedown notice though.

3 Likes

http://breakfastofthegods.com/ seems to work for me.

3 Likes

Better than the original film, although not as lunatically fun as the sleazy sequel Amityville II: The Possession. (Which was based on the novel Murder in Amityville by “ghost hunter” Hans Holzer. Holzer was the featured attraction in his own episode of In Search Of
, the first season episode “Ghosts,” a very uncritical episode which he wrote himself.)

3 Likes

Horrorshow. That’s the director (Benjamin Christensen) playing the devil. He also plays Jesus later in the film.

4 Likes

There’s full episodes of In Search Of on YouTube?

Well there goes the rest of my free time.

3 Likes

The whole movie is brilliance.

3 Likes

I don’t know how I managed to miss out on these books when I was a kid as they would have been right up my alley. (I don’t recall even having heard of the series before today.) Of course, my elementary school library wasn’t exactly stocked with the most recent books and I did move up to adult-level novels pretty quickly. (I’d read Something Wicked This Way Comes by the time I was in second grade.) Or maybe these books were simply banned in my locale during the relevant years.

8 Likes

I used to love those books; as did my kid when she was younger

6 Likes

It had the consistency of Quisp. It’s claim to fame is that every box had a plastic freakie monster inside. In fourth grade, a student put one on top of a film strip projector and it melted through the vent and ruined the bulb.

6 Likes

Trix won by a landslide.

8 Likes

they had lots of different things besides the figures. i had the crab, even though i really wanted Snorkle, the blue one. they also had magnets, patches, and little cars. I had the car for Snorkledorf. he was my fave. also, wasn’t Quisp like flattened, disk-shaped Cap’n Crunch?

3 Likes

Well, that’s the cartoon for the children’s Halloween party sorted.

4 Likes

Ok, that’s pretty ghastly.

3 Likes

David Lynch’s first film. Begin as you mean to go on

4 Likes

The Book of the Banned

7 Likes

A vast improvement on my first attempt (which currently rests in pieces in my fireplace).

Still a lot of work (sanding, cleaning up the edges, painting, etc.), but I think I can make this work.

10 Likes

Cool! What are you using to make this? Are you forming it on a manikin head or is it free style? (Or your own face? :^O)

3 Likes

I’m using some old packing paper from my last move several years ago, and a 50/50 flour/water mixture for the paper machĂ©. I’m forming it on my own face (which is very, very annoying but should allow me to put it on using spirit gum instead of having to tie it with string).

8 Likes