But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! 👻

I’ve had orange juice. :wink:

9 Likes

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve had Chocula, long enough ago that I’m not actually certain. I am certain I’ve seen it on shelves.

I don’t think I’ve had any of the rest.

8 Likes

Not even …

6 Likes

Never even heard of that one.

I’ve had BooBerry and Frankenberry; y’all who have never had them didn’t miss a thing, other than some unnecessary overly-processed sugar and food coloring that had a weird aftertaste.

Same goes for Cocoa Pebbles and Cocoa Puffs.

7 Likes

I did have that one, but not Yummy Mummy.

And in later years (pre-internet) people thought I was daft for saying there was a Werewolf in the monster cereal line up. I’d nearly believed them myself when I stumbled upon a website devoted to cereal boxes and their art.

7 Likes

The same thing happened to John Hodgman, which is where I first heard of Fruit Brute. It’s my go-to unknown cereal.

2 Likes

I need to GTFO of my house for more than just a few hours.
https://www.aperfectworld.org/18f.html

2 Likes

Fruit Brute was the best, but my all-time favorite cult-fanbase cereal was Freakies.

6 Likes

My costume this year is definitely going to be Cereal Implanting Device.

7 Likes

Nifty lecture focused on Frankenstein as the first Science Fiction novel. (I guess the title kinda gives that away.) I quibble at some of the hard lines that seem to be drawn (even if it is now known as a classic horror film, the 1931 Frankenstein fits into science fiction as well, for example), but I suppose you can’t make a monster without scrambling a few brains. The first of a 24 part series.

7 Likes

New one to me.

1 Like

it wasn’t around very long, but it’s seared in my memory as my favorite cereal from when i was single-digits old. if i had to guess now what it tasted like, my guess would be something akin to Cap’n Crunch, but i really don’t recall for sure.

4 Likes
2 Likes

No Korova Cereal Bar? Surely, milk laced with Captain Crunch is just the thing before a bit of the old ultraviolence.

7 Likes

I remember the manufactured rivalry between Quisp and Quake. Same cereal, just different shapes. And kids were asked to vote on the superiority of one over the other. And I think Quisp won.

de784639d98bf497643c6e37a33b1adb

7 Likes

Speaking of allowing kids to vote for cereal mascots, I remember voting to allow the Trix Rabbit get a spoonful of Trix in 1980. I had the button, but lost to the ages

8 Likes
8 Likes

I found a half-sheet of paper with lyrics I wrote as a parody to this - The Ballad of Philip J. Fry"

7 Likes
5 Likes