But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! šŸ‘»

Well, the quote comes from the end which seems to be riffing on Psycho, wherein a psychologist explains the killerā€™s motivation / alternate personality. (Itā€™s a dubbed Italian film, which is why the sentence doesnā€™t quite seem to make sense.)

Iā€™m glad you asked, Chico! It seems to be a callback to Fulciā€™s earlier Giallo, 1972ā€™s Donā€™t Torture a Duckling, Italian title, Non si sevizia un paperino. (Paperino is the Italian name for Donald Duck.)

No one has yet been able to definitively say whether or not he was trying to be deliberately funny in offering up a Donald Duck voiced serial killer.

5 Likes

Another one? Yes!

:heart_eyes: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

This movie is amazing. My dad showed it to me. He had such good taste in film. It is an absolute masterpiece.

7 Likes

I predict that Jakeā€™s future girlfriends (or boyfriends) are going to loooooooove meeting his mother. :grin:

5 Likes

Youā€™d better watch outā€¦

4 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

lucifer%20speak%20of%20the%20me

6 Likes

Itā€™s the MOST wonderful TIME of the YEAAAAARRRRRR!!!

5 Likes

I thought that was Back-to-Schoolā€¦

5 Likes

And now the pets are getting into the costumes too:

Pics, since they didnā€™t show up in Onebox:

Tales of the Stitch combines her love of horror movies and crochet to make some really great things. If you donā€™t mind the occasional swear word, sheā€™s fun to Follow on Twitter.

Edit: now I see thatā€™s not her work, but what a nice shoutout!

13 Likes

Halloween playlist time!

5 Likes

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)
Dir: Charles B. Pierce* Starring Ben Johnson, Dawn Wells

In 1946, a hooded serial killer (a la Part 2 Jason Voorhees) terrorizes Texarkana. Based on a true story. No really.

A decidedly mixed success. The horror scenes are quite well done with appropriate doses of shock, suspense and gruesomeness (although perhaps the death by trombone should have been re-thought). The surrounding scenes of narrated true crime arenā€™t nearly as compelling, but perhaps provide a useful frame for the horror, a calm with which to contrast the storm. And then thereā€™s the ā€œcomedyā€ with an inept deputy (played by the director), goofy driving scenes, decoy cops in drag, and painful music in case you miss the joke. Probably not as bad as the comedy bits in the original Last House on the Left, but the rest of that film was so much stronger (and more grueling) that even bad jokes provided some needed respite.

Still worth a free viewing, if one digs this sort of thing, but not a must see.

*Director Charles B. Pierceā€™s first film was the hugely successful pseudo-Bigfoot pseudo-documentary The Legend of Boggy Creek. Probably his biggest hit, itā€™s had at least three sequels, including the Pierce helmed Boggy Creek II: And the Legend Continues which was eventually roasted on MST3K. On the other hand, Pierce and frequent collaborator Earl E. Smith created the original story for Dirty Harry flick Sudden Impact.

4 Likes

Gruesome Ub Iwerks stuff.

7 Likes

That reminded me of thisā€¦ although this oneā€™s less whimsical.

ā˜†ā˜†ā˜† WARNING: Screen flicker, old-movie style. ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†

ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†ALSO, WARNING: ABSOLUTELY NOT for kids, despite the title. ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†

10 Likes

didnā€™t know Stalling worked for Disney early on. (for those that donā€™t know, heā€™s better known as the guy who scored and did music effects for Warner Bros; Bugs, Daffy &etc)
Good old Ub.
the shot where the first skelly swallows the ā€œcameraā€ was inspired.

6 Likes

13 Likes

And then thereā€™s this recycling of some of the same animation. Not completely unoriginal though, and an apparent influence on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

Alas, the AC/DC - Disney ā€œHellā€™s Bellsā€ mashup seems to have been taken down.

5 Likes

And this is great too!

4 Likes

ā€¦all part of this nutritious breakfast.

Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever actually had any of these.

Sometimes you just realize youā€™ve wasted your lifeā€¦

5 Likes