Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

The ironic thing is that Canadians can’t watch these videos. For some reason, when YouTube generates “topic” videos (e.g., “The Duhks - topic”), it sets them off-limits to Canadians. We must be really irredeemable pirates…

4 Likes

one last canadian band. this is my favorite band that nobody has apparently heard of: The Water Walk. i picked up this album back in the early 90s and really fell for it. i don’t even think they put out a second album (at least, i’ve never found one) but their music just makes me think of lazy summer days:

2 Likes

Another “topic” video (“Various artists - topic”). We can’t watch it up here.

2 Likes

Somebody played this about 5 times straight in the cafeteria today. Just passing on the curse.

Something to forget that song

5 Likes

Related to post if not thread:

Many years ago I was FWB with a Japanese lass who dragged me to the karaoke place in Kumamoto with her friends. She really loved the Shaggy song and wanted me to do it with her. She told me to do the rapping and she’ll sing.

Three lines into the first verse she said over the music, “You do the singing too! I just want to say ‘It wasn’t me!’”

Because I was both slightly inebriated and horny-in-anticipation of the rest of the night I agreed. By the time the song ended I was pretty sure I broke something behind my eyes. All I did later on was sleep like a rock until mid afternoon the next day.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Ooh! Do you listen to CJAM? I loved the “Oracle” program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0KFlM9bXQ

This is the most Canadian rock track I can find:

2 Likes
2 Likes

It wasn’t me.

5 Likes

Not yet, but I’ll see if I’ve got a radio that will pick it up.

1 Like

For those further away from Canuckistan, our local “alternative” station in Detroit is not in Detroit, it’s in South Detroit (AKA, Windsor, ON). If we’re tuning in, we’re exposed to required-by-law Canadian content. Which mostly leaves me with no sense of how popular any given Canadian rock band is anywhere else in the US (but can you dear Canadians please rid the planet of that scourge known as Nickleback).

4 Likes

We’re trying. Ideally we would send both them and their biggest fan (Stephen Harper) somewhere outside of Canada. Like Pluto.

3 Likes

Maybe we can attach all of them to the White House staff. My only worry would be that Harper is a lot more competent than the clowns currently down there - he’d probably find a way to become leader of the “Free World” (and that’s scary).

1 Like

Yeah. Harper is awful, but he’s the smart kind of awful. Let’s leave him by that lake in Alberta (sorry Albertans, hope you didn’t want to use the lake for anything else – if so perhaps there’s a suitable lake in Ontario where he’s from), until we figure out the Pluto thing.

2 Likes

Every time I think threadlocker (in the mechanical sense, not in the forum moderation sense) I hear Foreigner singing Headknocker. My lateral-leaping associative brain does it to me again.

2 Likes

This song, specifically this version of the song, has been going through my head lately. Derek Trucks makes want to stop playing the guitar altogether, I mean, why bother?

2 Likes
3 Likes

I have good memories of How You Remind Me: Driving along the Han River with my GF one summers night. Listening to AFN radio. The endless lights and skyscrapers of Seoul sliding past. Just feeling a sense of completion the entire ride and not needing to talk until we turned off into the city proper.

The fact that How You Remind Me and Nelly’s Hot in Here are absolutely inappropriate songs to be associated with such a memory tickles me to this day.

Speaking of such, here’s a true earworm;

3 Likes

I was at a punk festival all last weekend and had this in my head for most of it

It’s not even as if the Damned were playing!

3 Likes