Elon Musk offers to “buy 100% of Twitter” for $43 billion

Also a slightly different take of the same report at:

6 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I wonder if monks who painted illuminated script had this problem?

1 Like

I’m not sure there were a lot of monks using illuminations to insult dangerous enemies and then, when in danger of being held to account, those monks explicitly, publicly confirming that those were intended as insults. But I suppose it’s possible.

:wink:

4 Likes

Why does tech evolve faster than humanity?

2 Likes

This is a solid rundown from an actual lawyer.

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Please, could you explain what the Elongated Muskrat is saying in his quoted tweet? Because it’s a thought pretzel to me.

1 Like

Can’t say much for the rest of the video (haven’t watched it), but the quoted part is him claiming that “everyone knows” that there is tons of spam and bots on Twitter.

Which is funny, since he’s claiming in court to have been totally blindsided by this realization, and that Twitter is hiding information from him that he just absolutely must have in order to evaluate this novel issue that he never would have given a single thought to before signing a contract with them, honest!

7 Likes

That’s some Giuliani-level lawyering there. Like it was intentional and yes he was planning on that line of bullshit standing up in court.

5 Likes

Nobody told Bill how to pronounce “doge”, apparently.

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

This mess might actually be coming to an end:

…with approximately the worst possible outcome, that being Elon Musk owning Twitter. I can’t imagine a way this makes anything better.

I might actually have to follow through with setting up a Mastodon instance.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but killing Twitter isn’t really the worst possible thing.

I’d like to see a resurgence of forums, blogs, livejournal-style-sites, etc. (places like here) vs. those sound-bite-sized forms of social media and especially people trying to post long-form stuff there in one of the worst designs/UI for it.

Maybe there’s a place for a feed of broadcast one-liners and clickbait headlines, but Facebook and others already do that anyway. And for other, deeper stuff, Twitter doesn’t do it justice.

4 Likes

same. i’m not thrilled about it. i’m shopping around, but i don’t want to lose touch with all the great people i have met on twitter. hoping some general consensus comes to light on where to go. if it’s Masto, fine, but i guess i just have to wait and see.

3 Likes