Found Randomly on the 'Net

My friend’s book based on blog posts when he worked at Borders is so nice. I read a lot of drafts of friends’ works; he is one of the few people I’ve read who I so highly believe in his talent wish some agent would scoop up his stuff and shout it to the world.

2 Likes

18 Likes

12 Likes

9 Likes

What the hecking heck?

3 Likes

Found under:

“Somewhere in Japan…”

7 Likes

Some context :wink::

https://www.dramafever.com/news/life-size-attack-on-titan-attraction-opens-at-universal-studios-japan/

4 Likes

Loved this last season that just finished airing.

1 Like
3 Likes

Cool! I’m glad they mentioned the cradle boarding, but am a little surprised they didn’t give a shout-out to the Mayans.

Off to research Nazca skulls. Love their textiles.

4 Likes

The crossed the streams!

5 Likes

And @Melizmatic

Attack on Titan… one of the better animes to come out in recent years. Worth the time if you got a free space in your TV time.

3 Likes

10 Likes

I have no idea what this is, but I want one

2 Likes

I’ve gotta say, that’s even weirder if you can read the Japanese. “How to machine language”?

The line of text at the top says “look at pictures, machine language program”. Why does the microcomputer look so upset? Is it because the you lady is threatening it with the cable and floppy? Why are there 2D kittens crawling over her? What… What happened here??

5 Likes

http://www.femicom.org/research/clip-art-art-history-and-a-cute-1980s-manga-about-assmebly-language-programming/

HOW TO マシン語 (How to Mashingo; lit., “How to Machine Language”) is a cute Japanese comic book that teaches readers how to write machine code for Z80 and 6809 CPUs. First published in 1987, this softcover manga would have been intended for those who wanted to learn how to write advanced programs for early Japanese home computers such as the 6809-based Fujitsu FM-7 series or Z80-based MSX and NEC PC-8801.

In How to Mashingo, readers are taught the basics of assembly language and program flow by a girl named Keiko (K子ちゃん). The first section of the comic book covers the basics, but most of the book is dedicated to Z80-specific and 6809-specific content. CPUs, pinouts, accumulators, program flags, opcodes, and more are all illustrated in a cute and laid-back style spanning nearly 200 pages.

3 Likes

Yes but why is it crying??

2 Likes

Because it’s about to be whipped into shape?

3 Likes

Because she’s about to try installing Windows Vista on it

7 Likes

The horror! :sob:

6 Likes