Found Randomly on the 'Net

Is it bad that I like it?

4 Likes

Carson looks adequate for that kind of painting, Judo Jesus less so.

10 Likes

No, as art is highly subjective.

Iā€™m looking at it from a trained artistā€™s perspective; to begin with, the foreground figure and background figure look like they were rendered by two completely different people.

The image of Carson is flat and generic looking, almost more like a photoshopped filter of a photo; but the proportions and perspective are correct. The same is not true of the Jesus figure in the background; the head is oddly asymmetrical, the facial features are out of proportion and the hands are oversized in relation to the rest of the body.

6 Likes

Maybe Jesus was an irregular freak like the rest of us? And maybe the Carson was yoinked from a long lens flat perspective and the Jesus model from a wider, closer perspective.

6 Likes

I find it very blah, like the artist had some skills but had little talent or style. A black velvet background would make the thing complete.

But those hands. Eek.

And whatā€™s it supposed to signify? ā€œHail people, look upon my new disciple as your salvationā€ or something?

7 Likes

If he existed, Iā€™m sure that he was.

Still the quality of the painting is, pun intended, god-awful.

10 Likes

ā€œYou still owe me for the judo lessons, Ben. Pay up.ā€

9 Likes

Why would black jesus hang out with Ben Carson?

7 Likes

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

3 Likes

To me he looks more like white celebrity jesus with a fantabulastic tan.

7 Likes

16 Teddy Bear Bread Rolls. The cute is strong with this one.

6 Likes

Oh my goodness. My nieces would have a field day with those. From shock theyā€™re made out of bread, to cooing theyā€™re too cute to eat, to the Bear Bread Massacre/Zombie Apocalypse, starring the nieces as bread-eating Godzillas.

I should figure out how to make them.

3 Likes

This personā€™s whole channel is soooo cute. Also fun to watch in another language.

2 Likes

I might wind up subscribing. The squid ink finger puppet bread looked amazing too.

1 Like

The teddy bears didnā€™t seem too overly complicated, either. Would be a fun project with kids.

2 Likes

iā€™m dying. i love this!

2 Likes

Found this story in the comment thread under a Facebook article. Cracked me up.

13 Likes

Itā€™s funny in hindsight, but wow I find it easy to imagine being in her class.

For one of my first-year Comp Sci half-courses, I had a prof the grad students revered ā€“ I even heard one refer to him as a ā€œgodā€. He was teaching this first-year course because the university had decided the undergrads shouldnā€™t be taught only by profs who didnā€™t have the pull to weasel out of it.

So heā€™d teach us, always with a topic but never prepared, and it came out (IIRC he just told us like it was no big deal) that the version of the language he was teaching us and the version we had available to us for the lab assignments were different. So heā€™d tell us it worked foo way, and really the syntax was bar.

At first the lab TAs thought we were all trying to mooch solutions from them, until they put it together that everyone in this guyā€™s section always made the same syntax errors.

Oh yeah, and anyone he caught helping people out in lectures by correcting the incorrect stuff he was telling us (ie: me and some other people had gone to the TAs to get pro-active help) received ā€œassistanceā€ from him during the final exam (colour me gobsmacked he actually proctored it). Said assistance was a) incorrect and b) just to fuck with us during the exam.

I managed to crawl out of that shitshow with a B; all my other Comp Sci classes were solid As.

Iā€™m always amazed what crap universities will let tenure profs get away with. Maybe you canā€™t fire them easily, but thereā€™s a difference between academic freedom and messing up someoneā€™s electives and grade average just for your own twisted fun.

12 Likes

9 Likes

Ask me about my one B in my major. Hint: The professor was drunk every single class. It was an 11 a.m. class. (In his defense, his son had committed suicide. After that semester the other profs sent him for treatment. I hear he was a great teacher when he was sober. Glad they helped him but no one seemed to care about the students who he affected.)

12 Likes