Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

Bring poor is expensive. Glad you are paid u.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Got the basement cleaned up by restoration people due to the sewer backup. We had a pile of stuff there to be junked. It was in the way (and a bit yucky) so the restoration people put it all in the back yardā€“including the three dehumidifiers that have crapped out over the last five years.

Then it rained, but it was junk so who cares. A fitting end to dead dehumidifiers.

4 Likes

So. My State Emergency Relief request was denied because Iā€™ve not switched the accounts from the names of my dead parents (Momā€™s on the electric bill, Dadā€™s on the gas bill) to my own. THATā€™s a new one, as they had no problem with that before. This means that Consumers Energy is going to shut off the natural gas tomorrow. Rats.

Addendum: $233.40 is the amount I need. It may not be much to a lot of people, but itā€™s a lot to me.

3 Likes

The water to my house will be shut off today, unless I pony up $429.98 at 2 pm today (itā€™s currently 1:14 pm EDT)! SIGH.

UPDATE: I actually spoke to my worker, and the SER may actually be fulfilled today when I need it to be! Also, I did NOT get a shut-off notice with my previous bill. So imagine my surprise when I see a City of Warren Water truck parked across my driveway & a guy with one of those big wrenches looking to turn off my water!

5 Likes

UPDATE II:
So, itā€™s nearly 2:30 pm and the waterā€™s still on.
lucy-relief

5 Likes

Start filling all available resepticals.

1 Like

We did. My SER request went through.

2 Likes

I just wrote and sent an email to the Superintendent of Water & Sewage for the city of Warren, informing him of the shut-off attempt last Friday and the lack of proper notice.

I mentioned that I had considered a filing a lawsuit for emotional distress, but that I felt it would be a waste of money and time. My son, however, really went through some changes over the crisis, though.

I just donā€™t want the mistake of not sending out a shut-off notice to happen again, to me or anyone else.

3 Likes

Did you know that thereā€™s a cap on how much assistance one can receive from the State of Michigan per year? My State Emergency Request for assistance with my water bill has been denied because Iā€™ve reached that cap.

3 Likes

sighā€¦

1 Like

The US is so fucked up.

1 Like

I keep trying not to blame myself.

1 Like

My internetā€™s down. Iā€™m not sure why; the hotspot connects to my tablet, but not the network. So Iā€™ll probably be even quieter than usual for a day, or two, or however long it takes T-Mobile to fix it. Iā€™ll check in on my phone, but Iā€™ll need to watch my data.

5 Likes

UGH. Hope itā€™s resolved soon.

1 Like

No such luck. T-Mobile says itā€™s the SIM card and/or the device, Mobile Citizen says itā€™s out of warranty, and now I have to go to Calyx Instituteā€™s help desk to see whatā€™s nextā€¦ which is probably me buying another hotspot. Funny how the damn things donā€™t seem to last that long, seems like I have to get a new one every year to 18 monthsā€¦

(Of course, I use it a lotā€¦ but I still canā€™t help but wonder if thereā€™s any planned obsolescence involved.)

2 Likes

Put in an order for a new hotspot today, but Calyx added 3 extra months to my membership ā€œfor the inconvenience,ā€ which equals the cost of the router. Yay?

Now I have to wait on the shipping though. Booo.

4 Likes

pouring one out for my departed folding aluminium chair. twelve years is a long time. rust in pieces, friend.

4 Likes

Did it have woven webbing for a seat?

1 Like

It was upholstered. The fabric still felt surprisingly good!

2 Likes