Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

I was supposed to have 35-40 extended family over for a party today- but my eldest has taken ill and we had to cancel.

I’m bummed she’s sick- I really have a hard time when my kids are sick.

And I hate to (necessarily) make a mess of so many peoples’ plans.

17 Likes

So sorry to hear that.

Having come from a small family that was geographically separated from what extended family we have, hearing these tales of 4 dozen people at family gatherings always leaves me stunned.

But then, most people I work with can’t understand moving away from family.

15 Likes

Hope your eldest gets better soon. It must suck to be ill on the holiday. :nauseated_face:

11 Likes

Rear-ended in our rental. We think the driver is uninsured.

14 Likes

Bugger that. Did you have the extra rental insurance? (That everybody skips)

8 Likes

We skipped it, but have extra through the credit card that covers expenses up to the deductible. But I’m not sure how that works because the city wouldn’t send an officer, so there’s no police report.

13 Likes

Lovely.

Best of luck to you in your upcoming battle of blamestorming.

11 Likes

Sometimes I feel weird about being married to a lawyer. Right now I’m quite glad.

14 Likes

FWIW, you can go to a police station and report it directly to the person at the desk. They will give you a hard time, but legally they HAVE to fill out a report if you do that.

13 Likes

Unfortunately, this was during our travel home, so we weren’t lingering. We can file an “incident report” online.

Our insurance already found the registration on the vehicle that hit us - they were insured as legally required in the state, so that’s good.

14 Likes

What’s worse than insomnia?

Insomnia with your brain remembering stupid things you’ve done … Greatest Hits.

12 Likes

Wait- are there other types?

I had no idea.

9 Likes

Fuck… I’d never sleep again.

8 Likes

Yes, my usual is Insomnia filled with dread over all the stuff I have to do and can’t possibly finish in time.

8 Likes

Mine is: insomnia spent imagining how past non-confrontations would have played out had I not avoided said confrontation, and/or rehearsing dialog for imaginary future confrontations that will almost surely never happen.

:grimacing:

10 Likes

Oooh, those are good too. But I generally save those for the shower. What ever works

7 Likes

Again!!:angry:

8 Likes

Ugh.

I have a hard enough problem dealing with the kind of exhaustion that a few good nights’ sleep could fix. I can’t even imagine how much worse what you’re going through must be.

6 Likes

Thanks for your support! Not so much exhaustion as muscle fatigue, joint pain, and tired feeling, like you get with the flu. Probably some kind of immune or hormone response.

9 Likes

So, I’m better now since the bronchitis, only to wake up to a slightly swollen cheek and some mild pain in a chipped molar I broke 3 years ago on a cold piece of Hershey’s chocolate.
I went to the doc and got another prescription for antibiotics, and a referral to a local orthodontist. Looks like I’ll need an extraction, knocking me down to 23 teeth left.

Good news…cleaning and extraction will only cost around 65 bucks. Too bad the Tooth Fairy doesn’t keep up with inflation.

13 Likes