Get your game on!

The console veraion of D3 is the only good versuon.

Mind blown

7 Likes

So Iā€™ve been playing Wolfenstein: The New Colossus for a few days now and enjoying it immensely.

When I heard that American Neo-Nazis (I refuse to use the term ā€œalt-rightā€) were getting upset about the game on Twitter, I thought ā€œmaybe if you have a problem with killing comically evil videogame Nazis, you should take a step back and look at your politics for a secondā€ but having played it, I can totally see why they were getting wound up about it.

The game makes no secret of the fact that everyone involved in its development despises the American Right and it is amazing. A Jew of Polish descent fights for The Resistance, while being led by a black (Panther?) woman to bring down the Nazi-apologist government of the USA. Awesome stuff.

Minor spoilers (and a whole bunch of potential triggers, itā€™s a pretty grisly game) in the YouTube links but theyā€™re well worth a watch:

8 Likes

You want my opinion? call me terror billy!!

2 Likes

That looks amazing. About time certain -gate types got reminded the Nazis are the bad guys.

4 Likes

Are you playing it on console or PC?

I ask because I played the first one on PC and it was bloody brilliant - tight gameplay with mouse & keyboard - but Iā€™m not sure my computer will quite be able to handle this one. Wondering if it will play as well with a gamepad if itā€™s on a system specifically designed to be played with one.

3 Likes

Wow. Thatā€™s a big difference from the Wolfenstein I remember.

7 Likes

Iā€™m playing this one on PS4 because it was 40% off but both The Old Blood and The New Order ran at a constant 60fps in 1080p on my GTX 680. The PS4 Pro version is 1660p and mostly 60fps but it chugs occasionallyā€¦

I prefer a joypad over mouse and keyboard (blasphemy, I know) but there have been a couple of times where Iā€™ve died because Iā€™ve been attacked from behind and I havenā€™t been able to spin round fast enough to shoot back. If itā€™s offline and single player, Iā€™m happy to suck those moments up and not get RSI from using a mouse on my sofa thoughā€¦

5 Likes

Cheers! In that case, I might grab it for PS4 when I have a chance.

3 Likes

Just finished Trails in the sky: legend of heroes. Second chapter. Itā€™s a great RPG with a really generic super long title, Itā€™s very much an old school jrpg with great difficulty balance and a nice story that plays out over two games but getting back into gaming only recently, itā€™s just the sort of game I like.

I started playing final Fantasy X on the PC, itā€™s fun though the voice acting and the story could use some polish. Still Iā€™ve tried to play FF VII and VIII a few times and Iā€™ve just never been able to stick with those games, this one is much more fun.

2 Likes

There is a version of that one in the game on an arcade machine.

4 Likes

Rather comically, given that the arcade machine is in the rec room of a Nazi sub, the meta-version in the game has been designed for Nazis and features a Nazi going round shooting soldiers who look suspiciously like William Blaskowicz and who shout in English rather than German when they dieā€¦

7 Likes

Thatā€™s good to know. I have the first part, and was kind of enjoying it, but couldnā€™t figure out what I should do with the orb bit, but I thought was probably important, so I set it aside. That was most of a year ago. I should probably give it another try.

1 Like

The orb system isnā€™t that important in the first game, I ignored it for the most part and donā€™t feel like I missed anything. Itā€™s a little more useful in the second game, but itā€™s also explained better.

2 Likes

Six months laterā€¦
Finally beat the last boss.

6 Likes

Iā€™m currently playing through the Steam version of Okami. Iā€™ve played it before (on both the Playstation 2 and Wii, I think), but I havenā€™t completed it - each time somethingā€™s happened IRL thatā€™s stopped me playing for a while, and when I got back Iā€™d lost the thread of the story.

Love the art style, thoughā€¦ they did an incredible job of mimicking brush-drawn paintings. The control scheme is a bit difficult on a controller, youā€™d almost think it was purpose-made for the Wii except that it originally came out so much earlier.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks, @manwich.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing Slay the Spire quite a bit. A single-player, collectible card game roguelike, where you get to see what actions the enemy is going to take on their turn and attempt to counter them. Good times. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

40 hours into the witcher 3. Definitely worth the 16 17 quid.

4 Likes