Get your game on!

Witcher 3’s in my ‘bought but not yet played’ list, along with the original (enhanced edition) and 2. :smiley: Looking forward to playing, but I know once I start it’s going to suck me in, so I’m going to need time.

When you mentioned this I looked at the reviews, and some people compared it to Hearthstone, which is free to play, so since then I’ve been playing Hearthstone. It’s kind of like a light version of Magic The Gathering. I like how, instead of MTG’s confusing interrupt cascades, there are ‘secret’ cards, which you play on your turn like any other card, but don’t trigger until later when a condition happens. And not being able to trade/sell/buy cards on a secondary market is an improvement - you have to either earn a card or burn some cards to get one. Will need to loop back around to Slay the Spire.

3 Likes

Steam key for Spec Ops: The Line if anyone would like to grab it - 67GFM-EG8YC-BRTY*

Put the 10th letter of the alphabet in place of the asterisk - I doubt there’s bots crawling for keys here like there are on Reddit etc, but what the hey.

If you’re too late, head on over to the Humble Bundle Store, as it’s being given away there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Grabbed a copy yesterday.
Always like the thanks for your contribution message when I grab a freebe there.

1 Like

Anyone else playing Far Cry 5 on PS4? I’m enjoying it a lot and eager to try out the co-op but it only lets you play with friends and no one I know has it yet.

I’m TainceSG on PSN if anyone’s up for some two player…

3 Likes

Such a good game. The 3DO version was definitely the best of the versions.

2 Likes

A great game, and wonderful modern take on Heart of Darkness. I highly recommend it. Especially for free!

Yahtzee has an uncharacteristically sobering take on it which was what really made me want to play it after seeing his review.

5 Likes

Thank you. I can safely pass this game.

Not that I play many FPS (since I suck at them) but that is just definitely not up my alley.

4 Likes

I am fine with over the top not obviously reality FPS games over the stuff like Counter Strike and Battlefield turn me off. But Heart Of Darkness has me interested.

3 Likes

It’s definitely not for everyone. It’s got all the standard “realistic FPS” trappings but with an intense story and themes that are very dark.

4 Likes

Don’t mind me, just be farting in the corner.

2 Likes

Anybody tempted by this?

5 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

I’m on Xbox One, so probably not.

BUT OMG SO GOOD I LOVE THIS GAME! LOL

I’m almost done Jacobs region, and 1/3 through Johns, and 2/3 through Faiths.

I ignored Falls Ends for so long they freed themselves. LOL

I may have developed some unwholesome feels for Joseph…

4 Likes

I’ve been basically bingeing on it in every spare moment that I have had since I downloaded it and I’m absolutely in love with it.

I put a particularly heavy 12-hour-hangover-recovery-after-wedding session into it last weekend and now I’ve got to the point where I am fully tooled up, almost completely perked up, and am trying to decide what pointless periphery I should spend my rapidly growing stacks of cash on.

Two gripes though:

1. When I play first person shooters with a joypad, I play left handed. It seems natural to me that the thumb that I use to fly planes or drive cars in other games should also be the thumb I use to look around in first person. Despite the fact that the game has separate settings for lefty stick in first person, car and flight modes, switching it in one mode toggles it in all of them. Hopefully this will be patched. However:

2. That. Fucking. Pause. Music. For a game in which you spend so much time selecting stuff in menus, did no one on their QA team lose their shit after hearing the same 4 bars of banjo music repeated again and again and again?? It’s gotten so bad that I have to mute my TV every time I press pause. You can switch off all the music in the game but the actual in-game music is pretty good. I just want to stop hearing that same fucking song every time I want to select a new objective…

3 Likes

I’m about 40-50 hours in… so about 2/3 done in all three regions.
I’ve been captured by John 3 times, Jacob three times and Faith… uh… I think three times? Hard to tell time in the Bliss man. I’ve been generally ignoring the story and just doing side missions and prepper caches and the odd outpost (If you ignore Falls End long enough they free themselves! As they should! Freaking lazy bums!). Until of course the game demands that you play this story quest right frigging now! Like, who the fuck is Merle and why did I have to stop doing what I was doing and go rescue him? WTF? Thats the only thing I find jarring, when the game asserts itself and you must play this thing now, and succeed. Lemme tell you a thing I hate: timed trials. So much swearing. OMG. So much.

I’m not sure what you mean by the pause music? I guess I don’t pause that much? LOL
When I get in a vehicle I always put the Peggie radio station on. LOL - love me some spooky hymns!

I have all but two guns for hire now. Fave is still Jess and Hurk. Silent sneaky archer girl, vs. loud redneck with a bazooka. Got all angles covered.

I really really hope there is an ending where I can choose The Father. Serious feels man. Its bad.
father

3 Likes

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

3 Likes

I have a serious problem with this game.

thefather

Killed Faith last night. And legitimately felt bad because I made him sad. Oh my murderlove, why you so murdery!

5 Likes

I’ve not seen it for myself but apparently, you can finish the game in ten minutes by just refusing to cuff Jacob at that exact point in the story.

In other news, you should really finish Larry Parker’s missions in Holland Valley. I don’t want to spoil it too much but the reward for those missions is fucking hilarious…

5 Likes

Finished. There is nothing I can say that won’t be a spoiler.
Already started again, only harder. LOL - drunk-MissyPants wanted to show off the game to friends at 3AM, and started again on hard. I’m actually impressed with how far into game drunk-MissyPants got on hard.

Also, you can get the entire soundtrack on Spotify. Gonna drive my coworker nuts with all the crazy religious songs. :slight_smile:

Also this is brilliant and explains a note you find in game.

7 Likes

Some people were really really concerned that the villains were white Americans.

Solution:

Change the setting to Canada!

LOL

10 Likes