Get your game on!

Shall we make sure it’s french canada just to be sure.

8 Likes

Avoiding spoilers as much as possible, is it possible to kill all 3 lieutenants but leave Joseph unharmed until you are ready to play the final mission?

I’m having a ball collecting everything and finding all the prepper stashes but I don’t want to kill Joseph until I have completed everything else 100%.

I’ve killed the other two and I’m so close to triggering Jacob’s final abduction I can’t so much as step foot in the north of the map for fear of accidentally blowing up a truck or freeing a hostage.

If you can kill the third lieutenant without triggering the final showdown, I will probably finish him off tonight but I tend to stop coming back to games once there is no more story left, so it’d be good to know if it immediately segues into an unavoidable boss battle with Joseph or not once you kill the last one…

5 Likes

Has anyone played Oxygen Not Included?

Fair Warning: This is an early access game. I normally try to avoid these, especially in the Survival genre, but this is from a well known studio (Klei) and is very playable at this point.

If you liked Fallout Shelter, but felt like it had too few systems to manage, this might be up your alley.

I abandoned my first run because my duplicants were dying left and right because I couldn’t produce enough food, so they were slowly starving while also being constantly sick due to the quality of the food. That last sentence makes it seem way less fun than it actually is. My second run is going much better so far.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can kill all three without triggering the final showdown.
And if you ignore the call, they just keep yelling at you on the radio “Better hurry up Rook, Josephs’ waiting for you” - so if you want to play more just don’t go in Jacobs region for a bit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I was worried that might be the case.

The last time I got abducted by Jacob’s crew, I was using my wingsuit to fly between mountain peaks, travelling at at least 80mph and 3 or 4 hundred feet up in the air, when I got taken out by a single tranquilliser dart fired by an unknown assailant from what I can only assume was miles away.

I wish I could snipe that well…

4 Likes

I have not, though the little I’ve heard of it has sounded very interesting.

Of course, the title and the little I’ve heard/seen of it also tends to make me think of the Redshirts theme song by Coulton…

“They said this air would be breathable
Get in, get out again, and no one gets hurt…”

6 Likes

I know I’m the most boring gamer in the world, but I’m torn… Hearthstone has had a new expansion come out at exactly the same time my copy of The 7th Continent has arrived. Normally HS is a quickie of a game, but when a new set of cards is out, it’s hours of deckbuilding and testing. On the other hand, The 7th Continent is several hours long sessions. Decisions, decisions…

6 Likes

I finished Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus last night. I had been stuck on what I would discover was the last boss for quite some time, but I didn’t want to lower the difficulty level, so I just kept losing, until I found out that you can just run past the last two mechs and escape. I got to see the ending finally, and watched the entire credits sequence. Does anyone know why people have a problem with the credits?

5 Likes

There’s no way to answer that question without spoilers, so:

I’d imagine if you are the sort of person who gets annoyed about a black woman and a Polish Jew saving the US from fascism by fighting the white supremacists and meaningfully uniting the Resistance against the Future Nazis, a montage of minorities and mask-wearing protesters throwing molotovs at the police, set to an angry version of We’re Not Going to Take It, would be exactly the kind of thing that would piss you off.

“It’s about ethics in videogame journalism” my arse, you pathetic little cryptofascist toadies.

Suffice to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it… :grin:

6 Likes

I would question what game they thought they were playing up to that point if that was their problem with the credits.

5 Likes

I imagine they carried on playing it in the same way that people still watch The Walking Dead:

“…B…b…but, this series used to be amazing! What have they done to it? I have to keep playing / watching so I can post the full extent of my outrage on Reddit!”

Seriously, read the reviews on Steam if you ever find yourself worried that you have an overly-positive view of the human race.

Excellent trolling, done perfectly, as I mentioned up-thread :+1:

5 Likes

So I finally snapped and decided to kill Jacob because the other two areas were looking a bit barren.

I did the final showdown and shot him but stopped before rescuing the person in the follow-up mission. Now I have all 1000 resistance points (and can therefore blow up whatever I want without risking getting abducted and advancing the story) but no one nagging me on the radio and haven’t unlocked the fight with Joseph.

Free roam awaits!

5 Likes

After being a bit distracted by Far Cry in the last few days, I finally had a proper sit down with Spec Ops.

I agree that it definitely manages to convey the idea that “war is hell” but only because the level design is god-awful, the AI is basically non-existent and the cover mechanics are fundamentally broken.

I get that the story is not meant to be “enjoyable” in the classic sense of the word but couldn’t they have made the basic gameplay a bit more fun than having teeth pulled?

I really want to stick with it to see all the more interesting stuff but the cover system especially is infuriating…

4 Likes

No need for spoilers… the alt-reich is pissed off at the game in general:

Not how many downvotes the video has!

7 Likes

Satellite Reign is free on Humble Bundle for a limited time

4 Likes

So sort of a syndicate xcom type thing?

1 Like

Syndicate, I think, not X-Com as it’s real time.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing this one. Everyone says it’s difficult, but it does set you up expecting to fail and start over in a roguelike way. I was still surprised my second run went south much faster than the first did. It probably takes a few runs to get to know it better. Figuring out how much risk to take is probably the biggest factor.

2 Likes

I recall the beginning being a bit rough but it getting better.

3 Likes

Not much of a gamer, but I do enjoy playing pixel dungeon on my phone. Someone has released a Lovecraft themed pixel dungeon…

I only discovered it yesterday, but so far, so fun.

3 Likes