Get your game on!

I ordered another Steam controller for my Steam Link. Between that and the two bluetooth enabled Xbox One controllers I have, I will actually be able to handle four player couch co-op.

I haven’t spent too much time, other than to see 90% of my wish list is on sale, with the notable exception of Pinball Arcade table packs…

3 Likes

I didn’t find anything in the Steam sale… I even dropped something off my wishlist that was 50% off, because user reviews are nowhere near as positive as the early reviewers’ opinions thanks to game-breaking bugs.

More time for Overwatch and the Diablo 3 Necromancer DLC that is going to hit in a few days.

3 Likes

What I’d really like to be playing is a Play By BBS GURPS game.

3 Likes

I’d be up for that!

2 Likes

I’m not going crazy, but I did pick up Stories: The Path of Destinies… I’d seen a lot of good reviews on it a while back, and at $3.74 for the game itself right now it was an easy sell.

I’ve only played for about an hour, but it’s got me interested. My only complaint so far would be that the narrative sometimes seems like it skips over a few sentences, switching thoughts without much in the way of a transition.

[edit] Well, one other complaint: on my system it takes a looooooooong time to initially start up, and loading time between segments isn’t great either. My system isn’t an up-to-date speed demon, but according to the task manager the CPU and drives aren’t getting stressed much through most of that loading period, so I’m not sure what’s going on.

2 Likes

I ended up picking up Cosmic Express and A Good Snowman is Hard to Build to complete the Draknek & Co Puzzle bundle (I already owned Sokobond). Cosmic Express is actually pretty similar to an idea I’ve had for a game for some time now. That’ll teach me to procrastinate. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Possibly of use:

3 Likes

I finally bought Goat Simulator. I’ve spent most of my time so far running down people.

4 Likes

Here’s RPS:

This bit is particularly good:

Wolfenstein: The New Order for £7.49/$9.99 – A comatose soldier wakes up in a panic, but is quickly reassured by a nearby doctor, who tells him everything is alt right

7 Likes

4 Likes

If someone else can run it, I would love a chance to play.

2 Likes

@Wanderfound You know anyone who can do it? :wink:

1 Like

:wink:

Currently on hold due to the recent exodus of players (disappearing entirely from the BBS rather than specifically dropping out of the game) from the other place.

If we can get some replacement players, I’d be happy to restart it and relocate it here.

Ranar (@DaakSyde) and Thwip (@William_George) are here already; Hawk, Jibril and de Courcy have vanished. New players could take over one of the those three, or create a new character for themselves.

4 Likes

Just give me some time to read through 700+ posts when I am not supposed to be working, so I can catch up, then I would love it if you let me in.

4 Likes

Bwaaaahahahahahahah…

Sorry.

2 Likes

See below.

Or above me.

It’s confusing.

2 Likes

No, that’s exactly my point. Microsoft doesn’t exactly make it easy/cheap to be legit.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

For starters:

Most of the world is late-medieval; small parts are early-Renaissance, other bits are Bronze age to Stone age. No electronics, no steam engines, no gunpowder, minimal clockwork. There are parts of the world in which magic supplants technology to a significant degree, however.

To give an idea of the cultural background:

The magical catastrophe known as the Banestorm brought countless amounts of people and creatures to Yrth, including humans from Medieval Earth. And as humans tend to do, they soon expanded to take over most of the continent of Ytarria, displacing the native elves and orcs (the dwarves remained safe in their mountain fortresses). One thousand years later, Ytarria is dominated by the East-Coast Empire of Megalos (Catholic, powerful, sorcerous, old and corrupt), surrounded by various nations on all other sides. A significant minority of the Megalan population are goblins, of the green-skinned small-but-clever trickster variety.

South of Megalos lies the independent country of Cardiel (probably the most cosmopolitan society of Ytarria; as well as a nearly 50/50 Catholic/Muslim population, they also have small groups of centaurs and halflings and are one of the only places in Ytarria with openly Huguenot communities). Cardiel was formerly a Megalan province, and before that it was the mixed Islamic nation of al-Kard. West of Cardiel are the Sunnis of al-Wazif (ruled by a Caliph, and tolerant of magic: think Arabian Nights) and the Shiites of al-Haz (the nation guarding the Holy City of Geb-al-Din, controlled by the clergy, and intolerant of magic: think Saudi Arabia).

Technology in Megalos and the Islamic nations is medieval, while the semi-autonomous Megalan archipelago of Araterre in the far South is slightly more advanced (swashbucklers and foppish nobles duelling with fencing weapons, but still no gunpowder). Nearby is Bilit Island; Aztec society crossed with a Sinbad ecosystem. The Nomad Lands to the North of Megalos (Celt/Viking/Mongol: “barbarians” of all sorts) are closer to a Late Iron Age tech level.

West of Megalos is another ex-province, now the country of Caithness, where an unusual local interference with magic defends it against Megalan reconquest (and provides for a more Arthurian ambience than the magically-saturated Megalan culture). South of Caithness is the elf-infested Great Forest, while the mountains to the North hold the dwarf nation of Zarak. Further West the lizardmen of the Great Desert provide a buffer against the tribes of the Orclands on the west coast.

The nations of Ytarria are mostly at peace, but the last Megalan crusade was less than two decades ago, and a civil war has wracked Caithness for years.

Races available are humans (from assorted cultures and religions, ranging from stone age to early Renaissance), elves/dwarves/halflings (all fairly Tolkeinesque; elves are aloof and innately magical, dwarves are miners and tough fighters, halflings are good sneaks), goblins (similar to humans, but a bit smaller, trickier and more prone to magic), gnomes (kind of above-ground dwarves, not as militaristic), orcs (barbarian bad guys, killed on sight in most human lands), ogres (bigger dumber orcs, occasionally used as slave-soldiers in human armies) and reptile men (big and tough but also mostly seen as kill-on-sight monsters).

The campaign began in Cardiel, one of the more cosmopolitan and tolerant of the human nations. Humans or goblins of any culture would fit there, as would elves/dwarves/halflings/gnomes. An orc might get away with it if they’re careful to keep their identity hidden; ogres or reptile men are in trouble unless they’re part of a powerful noble’s bodyguard or somesuch.

The party is currently just over the border into al-Wazif, exploring a dungeon.

2 Likes

Wound up getting Project CARS after all. Still waiting for the download…

2 Likes

Except when your country tries to get everyone on Linux…

4 Likes