Injustice Systems

What the ever-lovin’ fuck???

1 Like

I have a dim memory f seeing this on Real People or something. Maybe on That’s Incredible or Ripley’s Believe It or Not.

It was presented as good clean fun for the whole family.

Stop the world…I want to get off!

2 Likes

I cannot tell you how angry I am to see that this asshole is up for parole soon. Every time I think of those little children being blown up, I cannot breathe. Birmingham is where I grew up. That bombing feels so personal.

6 Likes

Angola is just straight up slavery. There’s no pretense of pretending the inmates are humans.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I am inclined to say that it’s complete balderdash, though I am at a disadvantage, since it hasn’t been published yet.

But here’s one that has.

Criminal tendency is another personality trait. Lombroso [2] was the first in 1871 to point out that criminals could be identified by their facial structure and emotions. Recently, Wu and Zhang [11] revisited this theory and quantitatively demonstrated the correlation between criminality and facial features. They trained four classifiers: logistic regression, k nearest neighbors (KNN), support vector machines (SVM), and convolutional neural network (CNN) and claimed that their machine can identify a criminal face with a 90% accuracy. Their model was controlled for gender, race, and facial expression of emotions.

If you follow the Wu and Zhang link, you might find that they’ve gotten rather huffy.

4 Likes

My favorite response in the thread is also the simplest:

How can this be done without bias? You literally judging someone by their appearance.

7 Likes

But it’s an algorithm. It can’t be biased! /s

7 Likes

5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Mannix booted himself from the Democratic party when he did his 90s tough-on-crime bullshit.

Why cut him down? Because he’s trash.

2 Likes
5 Likes

“I’m going to tell them [police] there’s an African-American man threatening my life,” she told him.

The woman, identified as Amy Cooper, later apologised, saying she had “overreacted”.

Ms Cooper also returned her dog to a rescue centre after allegations of cruelty as she appeared to choke the animal while calling the police.

4 Likes

The Minneapolis Police Department said the officers had responded to a report of a forgery in progress.

It said the man died after a “medical incident” in a “police interaction”.

#minnesotanice

5 Likes
5 Likes