Injustice Systems

Angola is just straight up slavery. There’s no pretense of pretending the inmates are humans.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I am inclined to say that it’s complete balderdash, though I am at a disadvantage, since it hasn’t been published yet.

But here’s one that has.

Criminal tendency is another personality trait. Lombroso [2] was the first in 1871 to point out that criminals could be identified by their facial structure and emotions. Recently, Wu and Zhang [11] revisited this theory and quantitatively demonstrated the correlation between criminality and facial features. They trained four classifiers: logistic regression, k nearest neighbors (KNN), support vector machines (SVM), and convolutional neural network (CNN) and claimed that their machine can identify a criminal face with a 90% accuracy. Their model was controlled for gender, race, and facial expression of emotions.

If you follow the Wu and Zhang link, you might find that they’ve gotten rather huffy.

4 Likes

My favorite response in the thread is also the simplest:

How can this be done without bias? You literally judging someone by their appearance.

7 Likes

But it’s an algorithm. It can’t be biased! /s

7 Likes

5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Mannix booted himself from the Democratic party when he did his 90s tough-on-crime bullshit.

Why cut him down? Because he’s trash.

2 Likes
5 Likes

“I’m going to tell them [police] there’s an African-American man threatening my life,” she told him.

The woman, identified as Amy Cooper, later apologised, saying she had “overreacted”.

Ms Cooper also returned her dog to a rescue centre after allegations of cruelty as she appeared to choke the animal while calling the police.

4 Likes

The Minneapolis Police Department said the officers had responded to a report of a forgery in progress.

It said the man died after a “medical incident” in a “police interaction”.

#minnesotanice

5 Likes
5 Likes

But wait! They’re not done with her yet!

3 Likes

Thread:

Also:

8 Likes

No one hit.

3 Likes
8 Likes