Injustice Systems

You know your city is in trouble if the BBC is reporting and your mom texts you from New Mexico asking if you are alright.

5 Likes

George Floyd would be alive if Amy Klobuchar had just fucking charged Chauvin in 2006. And she might be VP.

10 Likes

In fairytale world, police get charged with and punished for the crimes they commit and we all live happily ever after.

6 Likes

And we’re supposed to smile and vote for these fucks.

2 Likes

Good. Fuck that cunt. I hope she rots.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Oh blast, these kneecops will be banned from testifying for the county:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Just established curfew. Cops and National Guard shot paintballs at people filming from their porches. Press being fired on. Violation of rights. My suburb hasn’t been effected but our Speedway was boarded up.

4 Likes

This happened tonight. We saw the protesters on the bridge right as they started to march. We went downtown and there were very few white peoples but it was calm. Coming home we saw the cop cars massing up at the foot of the Market Street bridge (Frazier Ave, where they had arrests). Hearing more sirens than usual tonight. There will be more protests tomorrow.

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2020/5/30/409826/Protestors-Gather-On-Walnut-Street.aspx

5 Likes

Headline in slate:

Police Erupt in Violence Nationwide

10 Likes
5 Likes

In the American discourse, a supposedly inherent danger or criminality of black bodies would have been used to justify the police’s killing of Duggan and present the riots as an inevitable by-product of a “culture of crime”. The killing of Michael Brown and the riots in Ferguson followed this all-too-familiar American script.

1 Like

some parts of this demand close reading

3 Likes

Big BLM protest in my town of 16k today.

5 Likes

Did you happen to go or see any of it? any idea how many people showed up?

At the one in ATL this afternoon, I think the radio said about 2000 people showed up.

3 Likes
6 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Just the one here in town. A couple hundred people over the day. The NOLA and Baton Rouge protests were quite large, but most of the cities of any size (Shreveport, Monroe, Lake Charles, Covington) had their own, too.

5 Likes