Injustice Systems

9 Likes

They forgot to cuff her third arm?

9 Likes

Damn suicidal Jedi, making our brave boys in blue look bad with their deathwish telekinesis. :angry:

Incidentally, Deathwish Telekinesis is totally going to be the name of my metal band…

9 Likes
14 Likes

That outcome looks to have become likelier…

In addition to Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor, and Kagan, it looks like there’s a good chance that Roberts and Kavanaugh will vote to reverse the conviction.

6 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

There’s not possible justifiable reason for this. They’re trying to torture her either into compliance or suicide. It’s monstrous.

12 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes

But has he been truthiful? Because truthiness. Is there any truth ANYwhere?

4 Likes

So. I trust you-all here enough to break some of my silence re my workers’ comp case (last employer, carpal tunnel in both wrists), for which I had a facilitation hearing today, and it wasn’t very good news. The judge was appointed by Rick “The ‘P’ is Silent” Snyder, Michigan’s last governor, and he worked FOR insurance companies before he became a judge. And when my lawyer told me, “Yes the system’s broken.” I thought, then why are we, any of us, here? Didn’t say it though. He did cheer me when he told me he didn’t trust the defending attorney, said “he’s not a man of honor”; and he was sincere, his expression got really upset, body language showed it some, too. So he believes in honor at least.

But geeeeeeeeeeeez, when they folks who practice the law - in any capacity - know the system is broken, and they keep on doing it for the $$$…what a fucking profession. What a fucking world.

TEASER: I WILL be getting some money. But not even enough to cover lost wages for the time between jobs. (12/17 - 8/18) But more than they offered the first time.

13 Likes

I’m sorry, I haven’t been following before this. Who are the parties to a facilitation hearing, in general? Is this about arbitration? You said “judge”, so I guess not.

4 Likes

The governor of Louisiana just appeared at a ribbon cutting on a youth detention facility. What the fuck.

10 Likes

I’ve not talked about it before this, lol. It’s a workers’ comp case; and it’s a “magistrate” actually. The parties are my attorney, the defense attorney, me and the judge/magistrate.

10 Likes

A reminder of where we’ve been and where they’re trying to bring us again:

11 Likes

But as he looked out from the witness box in a Brooklyn courtroom on Friday, he could plainly see the row of angry men staring him down in the audience, all wearing hats that said “Wrongfully Convicted.” They were men he had helped to arrest and put in prison decades ago and who had later been exonerated. [snip/] In some of those cases, judges noted in their decisions that the former detective had not been truthful in his testimony. Yet he has never been charged with breaking the law or official misconduct.

8 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes