Marjins Þridus

Marxism has no room for neurodiversity!

2 Likes

I do not understand people who blame pacifists for the immense death toll of the 1st World War. Seems like nationalists, imperialists, and militarists, and navalists if you insist on the distinction.

https://books.google.com/books?id=mm6bAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

5 Likes

Fixed element warning:

https://www.change.org/p/make-social-media-accessible

2 Likes
2 Likes

it sounds like some of “Robert Rutherford McCormick” might have made it into (at least the movie version of)
starship troopers.

6 Likes
4 Likes

As an alternative to starship troopers (don’t worry still written by a dead sf author whose last name started with a H).

5 Likes

Somehow I remember the character as more engaging than Jim de Gris, The Stainless Steel Rat, but I remember the The Stainless Steel Rat series as being much better. Who knows. I was a kid.

4 Likes

I’d go with that.

2 Likes

And the Stainless Steel Rat gets drafted at least 2x, maybe 3x times, without once turning recruiter.

4 Likes

When you’re trying to solve a browser problem, and someone helpfully suggests that you create a new user account to see if it has the same problem, and you explain why it’s not safe to do that, and they ask why are you bringing this up? anyway, it’s not an excuse not to create a new user account…

3 Likes

“but its not like you are REALLY PHYSICALLY hurt , like bleeding, joint paint , backpain, squishing , or similar”

The lights on ambulances, police cars, and school buses, some intense turn signals, animated gifs, animated pngs, zooming Google Maps, certain slideshows, and some other graphics hurt worse than when I’ve been hit by cars.

4 Likes

Then an angle grinder, which hit 85 decibels. Now an engine shaking the building and a jackhammer.

2 Likes

Now the angle grinder again.

2 Likes

To be perfectly straight, I pretty much know Starship Troopers through Verhoeven. What I was trying to get at, however, was the notion that “pacifists make dangerous leaders”

5 Likes

It’s 1:30 AM and someone’s buzzing and shaking the neighborhood with a helicopter.

2 Likes

Sigh…

Some people are claiming that the Russians only arrived in Ukraine during and after the Stalin era. This is wrong, and dangerously so. Russian-speakers arrived as early as the 18th century. As well as German-speakers and Greek-speakers. As well as Ukrainian-speakers moving from old Ukraine to new.

When someone chops off a couple hundred years of coexistence, it often sounds like a call for… an end to coexistence.

6 Likes

That’s not dangerous—noise levels become harmful to human hearing above 85 decibels—but it is certainly not quiet.

Maybe it’s not dangerous, but it’s incapacitatingly painful.

6 Likes

It’s not just you, either. I find them problematic, too. I’ve some hearing loss in my left ear, and it makes hearing in many restaurants now a days a chore. Whether it’s causing someone pain or just making it harder to hear, it doesn’t make for a pleasant night out for many people.

6 Likes

I can’t find the source, but someone’s been blasting the area with incredibly loud engine noise, now 79 decibels, for the past 3 hours. I am in a lot of pain, from the pain.

4 Likes