Marjins Þridus

Can anyone get this site to work?

http://dmas.virginia.gov/#/index

If I click anything, it flashes and jumps to the bottom of the page. I would like to find (a) the Medicaid applications, and (b) the contact page so I can point out that the page flashes and jumps to the bottom of the page.

2 Likes

It works for me. Alas, I’m not much help, because I’m not terribly computer savvy.

1 Like

Contact Us links to a PDF

http://www.dmas.virginia.gov/files/links/1169/DMAS%20Contact%20Information%20Document%20November%202018.pdf

And this table of contents PDF has several links that looked promising

http://www.dmas.virginia.gov/files/links/61/Table%20of%20Contents.pdf

1 Like

Medicaid application:

It needs to be mailed to your local Department of Social Services. List is here:

I would recommend not hovering over anything on that page if you can avoid it.

5 Likes

Thank you! That’s the one I needed!

4 Likes

Okay. Because I’m disabled, I’m supposed to include Appendix D, with a lot of difficult and/or disturbing questions about whether I’ve applied for disability services, (where none of the agencies would be accessible anyway) and whether I have any assets (because disability services require extreme poverty) and whether I’m recieving any help from my family (which I’d be dead without).

1. Do you or your spouse have burial plots, burial arrangements, or trust funds for burial?
5 Likes

Wait.

Different versions of the application have different instructions about what to include. If I’m having trouble, I’m supposed to call a certain pain number for help. Well I’m having trouble…

I’ve written up a list of ambiguous questions. I’m going to complete what I can of the form and appendix d, and then come into the office again next monday, since I’m still sick from coming in last monday, with my list, and see how they think I should finish the form.

Being disabled means more bureaucracy with less accessibility…

Part 5 asks me to affirm that I can contact them, for corrections, through a website I can’t use unless I include a contact pain number I can’t use. It has its own pain number for help.

4 Likes

CommonHelp has been evaluated for Section 508 compliance standard with PowerMapper®.

I don’t know whether that’s a bug with Section 508, PowerMapper, or both.

2 Likes

Still very sick, hoping the weekend will help.

Does anyone know good pdf note-taking or pdf bookmarking software for the Mac?

I currently use Clearview as my pdf reader. And it’s great. And it keeps bookmarks in its own file rather than rewriting the pdf files. But I periodically have to clear out its plists and caches to keep it running smoothly, so I periodically have to trash my bookmarks.

I asked on Mobileread, and someone suggested Evernote, but I was wondering if any of you had more Mac experience. I don’t know the differences between Evernote, Bear, etc., which ones would work, and which ones use open formats.

P.S. Both Evernote and Bear are cloud-based so users can sync between different devices. But since neither my Iriver nor my Kindle can run these apps, that’s pretty much useless to me.

P.P.S. I tried Apple Notes and got hit with a blinking cursor, so that’s not gonna work…

3 Likes

P.P.P.S. I also have the demo of Bookmarkable, but can’t make heads or tails of it… https://getitdoneapps.wordpress.com/bookmarkable/plugins/

I installed the Default plugin, but it doesn’t work w/Clearview. I would need to learn to code my own plugins, and don’t know where to begin to learn to do that.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about my awkward relationship with Christianity. I’m not sure whether to discuss it here or on another thread. And I’m not sure whether to focus on Christianity, which has a privileged status in America, or to create a sort of open thread on religion. Thoughts?

3 Likes

I think a thread on Christianity by itself should be fine; we’ve had threads on both Judaism and Mormonism in the past.

Like those threads, though, it should go in an area locked to TL2 or TL3.

5 Likes

Which means what?

4 Likes

To lock it to Tl2 or TL3, put the topic in either the Clubhouse or Lounge category, respectively.

5 Likes

Construction crews blasting the neighborhood with painblowers each day. Can’t let leaves accumulate under the trees, where they might replenish the soil.

P.S. They seem to be done with the painblowers but they have been firing some higher-pitched pain engine, which fucks with my brain.

New skill: Exist Near Painful Machinery. Failure results in temporary penalties to sanity.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Except they don’t work and generally just serve to channel magical thinking toward investment scams, much like Bitcoin. A train is hard to drive into an unsuspecting crowd, too.

3 Likes

Programming a car to drive perfectly, 100% of the time is probably an unsolvable problem.

Programming a car to never, ever, drive into a stationary object at speed probably isn’t.

5 Likes

Also

So it just comes down to who happens to be ahead.

3 Likes

Without physical controls it absolutely is impossible, especially with the lazy horseshit that passes for programming for life-safety-systems these days.

1 Like